There've been a few mentions that today would a be good day to meet so off the back of the parent thread, here seem to be the thoughts so far...

Very central
Lots of good places but might be harder to find each other?
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
I was going to suggest the tried-and-tested combo of Porterhouse in Covent Garden to meet in and then when we're quorate we can wander across the road to Fire & Stone for pizza? Although I'm not a beer drinker either, so would be quite happy to switch out step 1 with a different meeting place.
North of centre
Better access and less crowded (I hope) but less options.
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Tap or Flyer then Pizza Express
Time: From 7:00pm
Just remembered the Betjemen Arms has been good in the past, too.

I should also point out there was mention of a tea/coffee place, pre pub so how about a pick-me-up at the Algerian coffee house? Not sure there's anything like this North-Central?

... so who's up for it and do any of the above sound appealing? Other ideas welcome. Just needs to be finalised by about 5pm so people can get wherever we decide.

Last edited by demolition; 2011-10-28 at 08:23.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I LOVE that coffee place in Soho!
We can definitely meet there and then move somewhere else.

I'm not a fan of Pizza Express and never tried the pizza at Fire & Stone (maybe worth a try). I'm very picky about pizza

Covent Garden is walking distance from Soho as well, so that'd work for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Oh yes, that coffee place is good, and I need to pick up some beans too. Multiple birds with one caffeinated stone.
Can get there at about 6:30 probably.
But also Euston Tap looked interesting.
I'm happy to do either.

How about pick-me-up at 6:30? Then, assuming we don't have the caffiene-shakes, we can decide where to go next? Is there seating in there, or is it take-away only? (I've only ever used it as a shop)

Yes , the Tap looks quite invitng too.

What do people think?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
City/North is best for me (and I get coffee at work). However, I can either catch-up with people or do another day.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Ok i'm still up for it! (Will get the train from Worthing about 5:15/45pm. Get to Victoria about 6:30/7ish, and then up to the meet about another 25/30 mins on the tube? so7/7:30ish! w000p (lots of ish's!)

And LOL! - my work antivirus doesnt like the coffeshop website!
Access has been blocked as the threat Mal/Psyme-B has been found on this website.
Ani/Jaffa as i'm gonna be in a meeting from 2pm - 5pm, can someone tweet me a place to meet (post code, name/area something!)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
City/North is best for me (and I get coffee at work). However, I can either catch-up with people or do another day.
This sways it slightly towards the Tap. Maybe a coffee shot on the way, for those who like?

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Ok i'm still up for it! (Will get the train from Worthing about 5:15/45pm. Get to Victoria about 6:30/7ish, and then up to the meet about another 25/30 mins on the tube? so7/7:30ish!
I don't want noobmonkey to have a wasted trip so let's firm up on something while he's offline. Even if it's to postpone.

Any other takers...

I'm really fine with whatever option you guys prefer. I'm coming right after work and can go anywhere.

Also postponing's fine if we feel like it, after all we all are in or around town. It's just that now is so close to Nokia World that we can still feel it

Aniello

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
There is a small amount of bar-style seating in the coffee shop as I remember, but it sounds like Jaffa is swaying us towards the Tap.
My ETA should be between 6:30-6:45 if so.
And in reference to the thread title - my N9 should arrive on Monday, so no joy for me yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
I guess me and Andrew can bring our own N9s.

So if we make it today, let's go for the Tap?
What's the full address?

Will Nokia Maps guide me on foot AND public transportation now?
It's something that, strangely, I still haven't found in any map application.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post: