Active Topics

Originally Posted by mikhail_ramalho View Post
Can you provide the same package but with the 0.24.20-1+m7 version number?
Here goes.

libmeegotouchcore0_0.24.20-1+0m7_armel.deb
libmeegotouchcore0_0.24.21-1+0m7_armel.deb

These only contain the fix for the hardware keyboard opening, not the "unlock rotation" stuff. I have NOT tested these packages but I don't see any reason they wouldn't work - they're the released versions plus the one line patch.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Vesuri View Post
Here goes.

libmeegotouchcore0_0.24.21-1+0m7_armel.deb

These only contain the fix for the hardware keyboard opening, not the "unlock rotation" stuff. I have NOT tested these packages but I don't see any reason they wouldn't work - they're the released versions plus the one line patch.
Thanks! But this didn't work because of conflict on qt version

The package 0.24.20-1 that you uploaded requires qt >= 4.7.4~git20120327 and N950 has version 4.7.4~git20120112-0maemo1+0m7 D:

But, thanks to dpkg-deb, I extracted the contents of your packages and changed control to accept N950's qt version and now it's working! I also uploaded to dropbox if anyone wants to try. The rotation to landscape when opening the keyboard when the device is flat works

Download it at Maemo Garage or at extras-devel

The package 0.24.20-1 that you uploaded requires qt >= 4.7.4~git20120327 and N950 has version 4.7.4~git20120112-0maemo1+0m7 D:
Argh I built those packages on the official PR1.2 branch so they got built against the PR1.2 Qt. It's a shame the N950 PR1.2 is not the official PR1.2...

But, thanks to dpkg-deb, I extracted the contents of your packages and changed control to accept N950's qt version and now it's working!
That's good The library built against the final PR1.2 Qt definitely should be binary compatible with the N950 pre-PR1.2 Qt so this indeed should be safe.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Is there no way to make a community version of the official pr1.3 for the N950? I want to make a clean flash, but there is only the pre 1.2 for it So I have to do an OTA update every time after a flash...

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines

But, thanks to dpkg-deb, I extracted the contents of your packages and changed control to accept N950's qt version and now it's working! I also uploaded to dropbox if anyone wants to try. The rotation to landscape when opening the keyboard when the device is flat works

Hi Friend,
I tried your version of libmeegotouchcore (for N950) and installed via /usr/sbin/incept...I am unable to install it. Here is the message in Terminal:

Code:
Package libmeegotouchcore0 has package signature (origin 'com.nokia.maemo/local')
Reading from database...46496 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace libmeegotouchcore0 0.24.20-1+0m7 (using /var/tmp/inception/pkg_M5Sh2R)...
Unpacking replacement libmeegotouchcore0...
dpkg: error processing /var/tmp/inception/pkg_M5Sh2R (--install):
error setting permissions of './usr/share/doc/libmeegotouchcore0': Operation not permitted
dpkg-deb (subprocess): data: internal gzip write error: Broken pipe
dpkg-deb (subprocess): failed in write on buffer copy for failed to write to pipe in copy: Broken pipe
dpkg-deb: subprocess <decompress> returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing: /var/tmp/inception/pkg_M5Sh2R
aegis-installing libmeegotouchcore0 (from 'com.nokia.maemo/local')

By the way, the version that you have: is this already inclusive of the "unlock rotation of apps" or is this just the fix for "landscape mode when N950 is flat on the table"?
Attached Images

Last edited by topet2k12001; 2012-08-20 at 23:48.

Looks like the package is corrupted, have you tried to download it again?

The Following User Says Thank You to mikhail_ramalho For This Useful Post:
Looks like the package is corrupted, have you tried to download it again?
Wow. Thank you for the quick response to my PM.

Let me try again. Anyway I have just reflashed my N950 so at least I can do it from a clean slate. Will revert back by posting here or by PM.

Same exact error message as my previous post, sir.

I have just downloaded the file and installed on my N950 without problems.

Looks like you're using Inception right? I'm using open mode but I really don't think that this should be a problem.

I see that inception fakes the signature to com.nokia.maemo/local and libmeegotouch has signature com.nokia.maemo.

Do you know if you can change the fake signature to match "com.nokia.maemo"?

But again, I don't know if that's the problem. You can install unrestricted-ui, which is also a system package, using inception afaik.

(one last question, what's the md5 you getting from the package? Mine is:
0bce3803e158869ede06d8efc1ee9432 libmeegotouchcore0_0.24.20-1+0m7_armel.deb )

I have just downloaded the file and installed on my N950 without problems.

Looks like you're using Inception right? I'm using open mode but I really don't think that this should be a problem.

I see that inception fakes the signature to com.nokia.maemo/local and libmeegotouch has signature com.nokia.maemo.

Do you know if you can change the fake signature to match "com.nokia.maemo"?

But again, I don't know if that's the problem. You can install unrestricted-ui, which is also a system package, using inception afaik.

(one last question, what's the md5 you getting from the package? Mine is:
0bce3803e158869ede06d8efc1ee9432 libmeegotouchcore0_0.24.20-1+0m7_armel.deb )
Hello sir,

Sorry I haven't checked if I received a PM from you or if it bouned. Thanks by the way for helping.

Here the md5 I got (same as yours):

Yes, I also have unrestricted-system-ui, MT-Toggles by MAG, and LED Notifications via Inception.

Hm...so your setup is Open-Mode. I haven't done that yet as I'm on Inception). Could be...we'll never know and anything's possible. Will flash to open mode and see how it goes. Will report back, thank you once again!
Attached Images