what team are you supporting ?

well i choose Spain (cuz of Barcelona) and Argentina (Messi) !!

Posts: 107 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ India . Mumbai
I Choose Maemo (N900)

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Is there no escape?

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chennai, India
Originally Posted by anaskr View Post
well i choose Spain (cuz of Barcelona) and Argentina (Messi) !!
Similar sentiments!

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
what world cup?

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
England.

So glad Rio got injured as J Terry and L King make such a better defensive team.

Here's my wish for tournament -

Group A
France
Mexico

Group B
Argentina
Greece

Group C
England
USA

Group D
Germany
Ghana

Group E
Holland
Cameroon

Group F
Italy
Paraguay

Group G
Portugal
Brazil

Group H
Spain
Switzerland

1A v 2B France / Greece w=France
1C v 2D England / Ghana w=England
1D v 2C Germany / USA w=Germany
1B v 2A Argentina / Mexico w=Argentina
1E v 2F Holland / Paraguay w=Holland
1G v 2H Portugal / Switzerland w=Portugal
1F v 2E Italy / Cameroon w=Italy
1H v 2G Spain / Brazil w=Spain

France v England w=England
Germany v Argentina w=Argentina
Holland v Portugal w=Portugal
Italy v Spain w=Spain

England v Portugal w=England
Argentina v Spain w=Spain

England v Spain w=England

no specific team, but my wishes are Germany and France go out ASAP
also i like Italy, Spain, Brazil, Holland, Portugal, Serbia, Argentine, England, USA and Greece

Last edited by dana.s; 2010-06-10 at 12:42.

World Cup?
Isn't that a little gay, running around and kicking a ball for 90 minutes? Real men play American football, where they score dozens of points in a game, not just a couple. Or baseball, where most players might do at least 4 minutes of strenuous activity during each game. Baseball and American football players...those are real athletes because they look like real Americans, who eat Big Macs from McD's and Double Down sandwiches from KFC. Soccer players aren't athletes. An athlete is someone who can drive a car around an oval track a few hundred times at a leisurely pace. Someone talked me into going to a soccer game once, but I was like "F*** that!" when the security guys tried to tell me I couldn't take my cooler full of Busch Light and fried bologna sandwiches into the stadium.
If Americans aren't the best players, then it's not a sport.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by olrac View Post
World Cup?
Isn't that a little gay, running around and kicking a ball for 90 minutes? Real men play American football, where they score dozens of points in a game, not just a couple. Or baseball, where most players might do at least 4 minutes of strenuous activity during each game. Baseball and American football players...those are real athletes because they look like real Americans, who eat Big Macs from McD's and Double Down sandwiches from KFC. Soccer players aren't athletes. An athlete is someone who can drive a car around an oval track a few hundred times at a leisurely pace. Someone talked me into going to a soccer game once, but I was like "F*** that!" when the security guys tried to tell me I couldn't take my cooler full of Busch Light and fried bologna sandwiches into the stadium.
Superb post. +5 funny.

France is in a tricky situation. The government is trying to push everyone to be supportive, but everyone hates the team (and more specifically the coach). The players feel so "hated" that they have their own hotel, isolated from everyone and everything in SA.

To give you an idea, some companies are selling HDTVs and giving a guarantee to the customer: if France wins the world cup, we'll reimburse the price of the TV. It'll be 100% free.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by olrac View Post
World Cup?
Imagine having a World Series where only two countries take part......how about that for audacity!

Now Rugby........there's a real tough game. And none of this silly, girly padding to protect yourself from some crunching hits.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12