Active Topics

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Please, could some Maemo administrator approve me as IPython maintainer ? See the post :
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=740
I am waiting more than one week after contacting you.
Thanks, I have been promoted to IPython maintainer.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
How about packages with over 15 karma to be automatically promoted, I can see many packages in testing with good karma probably forgotten by their maintainer

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
That is one of the points that has been raised to the administrators as part of the changes in promotion and testing, but up to now we haven't received any answer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Right now this initiative is not progressing well.

So far, not a single change has been done to the promotion process so we still need manual promotion from the maintainer.

I'm sharing the spreadsheet I'm using to keep track of applications ready for promotion, the status and whose developers I've contacted with. Only a few applications have been manually promoted by their developers, while most of them haven't answer to me.

As previously agreed, all applications with enough votes and free of suspicious issues that are unmaintained will be auto-promoted. However we will need someone to do the promotion and, as you already know, our maintenance muscle is right now almost non existent.

In order to start the migration to self sustained infrastructure process, the Council contacted with X-Fade a few weeks ago, trying to obtain some administrative rights over current infrastructure. This way we would be able to improve our current maintenance status and start gathering a working group for administration tasks.

He agreed to grant the administrative rights to the repository web interface to merlin1991, as a first step in the handover process. Now we are just waiting him to actually give merlin1991 that permission so he could start doing some maintenance tasks on Fremantle repositories.

Once we have at least one administrator we could start tasks like this one for promotion of packages.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Next to many stuck packages in extras-testing, there are also very good application stuck in devel. Never uploaded to testing eg backupmenu 1.20-1 or the newest version of cooktimer, the game brainparty & many more.

If you are interested, I would like to make a list of extras-quality-apps stuck in devel. If you know what I mean...
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
If you are interested, I would like to make a list of extras-quality-apps stuck in devel. If you know what I mean...
That would be really appreciated. I hope we could make a new push on this issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Next to many stuck packages in extras-testing, there are also very good application stuck in devel. Never uploaded to testing eg backupmenu 1.20-1 or the newest version of cooktimer, the game brainparty & many more.

Would it be worth finding out from the maintainers of the devel packages why they haven't been promoted.
cooktimer has a very active maintainter and so does backupmeu AFAIK.

Also extkbd as a small update that could be promoted to testing.

Stable packages without "active" maintainters in devel are more of a problem, as they are stuck there indefinately.
A list of "seemingly stable" devel packages would be useful.

CallerxGUI being one that springs to mind.
I have tried asking in the Announce Threads of "seemingly stable" devel packages to see if the maintainter will push up to testing, not had a reply.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Yes, some have an active maintainer but some don't. It was just an example which came to my mind as first. For the examples of cooktimer and backupmenu, we can easily ask why the maintainer hasn't uploaded it to extras-testing. For some not, for example many of D-ivill themes are stuck in extras-devel while we all know he left the scene and there's nothing wrong with these themes either

Before I start doing this, I want to have a chat with someone how to do this transparently as I can't crunch through all devel-packages alone, there thousands of them. Of course I will try to "test" as much packages as possible but I can't "test" them all alone.

I would like to have list of all packages including version number in extras-devel. From that list we mark packages as ready for testing.
(If it's ready for testing some kind of super-tester should promote it to testing from there the voting system should do it's job again to get it into extras. )

Maybe a wiki page would be good for this purpose. Everyone with an account can access and add info to it if needed.

After we completed the list we could contact all maintainers asking why they didn't promote their package. If they don't answer within 2 months or don't promote we do it ourselves?
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
--
donate

Last edited by mr_pingu; 2012-08-14 at 18:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Maybe a wiki page would be good for this purpose. Everyone with an account can access and add info to it if needed.
Wiki for "Development Applications Requiring Promotion"

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
You are a hero I will start filling in all apps that are in devel with decent quality, we will later sort out if the maintainer is active/inactive
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
--
donate

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post: