Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Threads merged.

Originally Posted by Strive_Masiwa View Post
Casting my vote for this feature too.
A real vote in Brainstorm will help far more than a "virtual" vote here. Please take the opportunity to support the best solutions in Brainstorm.

For completeness, there's also enhancement request 2962 in Bugzilla.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by uncle.sam View Post
I would like to have a function to click on the contacts adresses and maps automatically opens with two possibilities: either create a route to this adress or just show the adress on the map.
That would be a very nice feature.

Does somebody know about such features?
Is such a feature present perhaps in other environments?

thx, uncle.sam

edit: I´m using N900 since friday, the 4th.
... that would be perfect for me! (although it should probably ask you what you want to do on clicking the address before actually opening maps, as that can take some time)

i have my contacts. what could i want to do with them?

1) schedule a meeting in the calendar with them
2) schedule a task in tasks for them
3) drive to their location
4) email them
5) call them
6) sms them

so i should be able to, in calendar, say ok, i want a meeting - i can then type it in ad hoc or select from contacts. if i select from contacts, auto full in the details of who the meeting is with and where it is.

i should also be able to - from either contacts or calendar- say "drive to this location" and have it open up maps and do it. (this is when the maps gets turn by turn eventually...)

i should be able to look at the appointment or task in the calendar and be able to open the contact (and the full contact, not some mickey mouse only show phone number or some such nonsense as happens currently with the call log) - its simple, just pass the id of the contact to the existing contact management app. (why do people make new interfaces that arent as good as ones that are already there??)

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I don't like the idea of stuff popping up asking me to launch programs. I have enough problems with the N900 constantly being at the limit of its capacity and stuff slowing down.

If I don't know how to get somewhere, I will open the Maps app and find out. But only once I'm already going. I'd rather have everything moving at my pace instead of me having to estimate days in advance how soon before the event I need instructions to get there.

My only wish is, that you could add street addresses to contacts and see the contacts marked on Maps automatically.