Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by PartyboyXP View Post
Question:
The applications and games for harmattan are (and will be) compatible in Meego CE?
MeeGo CE and MeeGo in general have applications packaged in RPMs, whereas Harmattan takes deb packages. However the developer should be able to build for both platforms.

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
MeeGo CE and MeeGo in general have applications packaged in RPMs, whereas Harmattan takes deb packages. However the developer should be able to build for both platforms.

Surely that's incorrect as why would Meego CE for the N900 have apps packaged in RPM for a deb's based device?

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Canada
i have a question . i wana know that if i install meego to emmc internal memory , would my all maemo software and data be erased? or i can select to choose dual booting like 1. to select maemo and 2. to select meego. plzz help and answer thanks

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Canada
i have 4gb memory for installable apps left still. bt plz answer my q

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
I´ve got a question on the Meego CE, which I´ve not seen answered.

Does battery charging management work on it on the N900? I saw on Meego.com some reference to going out of Meego and back into Maemo 5 to charge the device, or to borrow another N900 and put the battery in there.

Both of those are lousy solutions. So will the device charge the battery while running this MeegoCE version?

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
Originally Posted by n70shan View Post
i have 4gb memory for installable apps left still. bt plz answer my q
see this: http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/GettingStarted

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Surely that's incorrect as why would Meego CE for the N900 have apps packaged in RPM for a deb's based device?
What do you mean with deb based device? Well AFAIK it indeed uses RPM.

Just another package system than the debian based OSes use. The device itself isn't deb based, maemo is deb based.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by n70shan View Post
i have a question . i wana know that if i install meego to emmc internal memory , would my all maemo software and data be erased? or i can select to choose dual booting like 1. to select maemo and 2. to select meego. plzz help and answer thanks
this WILL DESTROY the MAEMO installation

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Radical Realistic Open Source with JFDI instead of Bikeshedding
Originally Posted by olighak View Post
I´ve got a question on the Meego CE, which I´ve not seen answered.

Does battery charging management work on it on the N900? I saw on Meego.com some reference to going out of Meego and back into Maemo 5 to charge the device, or to borrow another N900 and put the battery in there.

Both of those are lousy solutions. So will the device charge the battery while running this MeegoCE version?
Yes, it supports both wall and usb charging. Instructions are there to get you out of situations that might happen if you don't follow installation instructions to the letter.

QA team reports are at qa-reports.meego.com, click 1.2, N900 CE, always a good read (note: failures doesnt mean it doesnt work at all, but QA found a corner case where something broke)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tekki For This Useful Post: