Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by VRe View Post
Well, my wow has been how fast the community has been churning out software which makes my N900 usable tool! Thanks guys!

And then the things I get done when there is a real keyboard on the device!
I have a similar wow -- watching the good aspects of the maemo community at work, supporting mms, making a decent menu (mymenu) and finding cool mods for the N900. That last thread was inspiring -- someone who at first didn't know how to be root was suddenly helping with mods!

It strikes me that one of the good features of the N900 is its rough, unfinished aspects. I was just daydreaming about a commercial: "N900 -- put YOURSELF into your pocket computer!" With some sort of graphic showing someone being sucked into his N900 and looking out from the inside.

Kind of a modern version of Through the Looking-Glass, I guess. As a kid I sometimes stood at a mirror and tried to go thru...

Kind of already getting bored of the N900. I'm just patiently waiting for new things to happen for it. Hint* "more 3d games" hehe

Originally Posted by jaark View Post
N900 to the rescue. Connect to the bbc site via wifi, enable the FM transmitter and tue the office radio into the n900 - problem solved
Can I retract that as being a good thing. My n900 has been hijacked again to do the same. Looks like I'm losing my phone for a couple of hours every Friday from now on

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
MyMenu Application - categorized menu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvl2-CYNNYw

Thousands of applications within 2 months
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bhKbj1lGig

Amazing browser with full adobe flash support
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8CfaZOw474

Not a bad LCD display
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1do9En3gPCM

The Following User Says Thank You to taril For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
I was blown away by the FM transmitter. I didn't even know it was on there. I use it whenever I'm in the car now!

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Funchal, Portugal
Everything surprised me when I got my device! When I'm at the bus, I can alway browse through my favourite websites while mensaging and/or listening to music and so on...

The other thing that I really liked was the operating system itself. Maemo! I've been modifiying my N900 with some MODs and stuff like that... and it's getting pretty cool!

There is so much cool stuff about the N900 that I don't really know what to say... just go buy one, really!

Last edited by viegas; 2010-01-22 at 21:09.

Originally Posted by maluka View Post
I was blown away by the FM transmitter. I didn't even know it was on there. I use it whenever I'm in the car now!
Thats one of the BEST features on the N900.

On my drives to and from NJ and Maryland to work, I always put my internet connection on (T-Mobile 3G) and tune in to a Blues Internet radio station or other radio stations and listen to it through my car stereo over the FM transmitter. My best road companion.

The Following User Says Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
I can listen to my favorite Berlin/London radio station while driving in Finland.

Oh man. Where to begin.

-When ovi maps gps found me.
-Enabling extras-devel repository
-drnoksnes brought back memories
-running monkey island on scummvm did too
-tunewiki widget running
-When contacts integrated various services
-Using conversation for the first time
-Multi-tasking oh the multi-tasking and seeing it all on the dashboard. Glorious!
-Seeing the look on family and friends face when I turn on fm transmitter
-Watching the 9 preview

I don't know if it's a wow moment, but I get a thrill out of shopping for the n900. Looking for cases, bags or pouches, screen protectors.

Looking forward for many more to come. Using wiicontrol/ using IR to trigger my Canon DSLR shutter. Using the front cam for Gtalk etc...

i copied a hd rmvb movie and try to open with mplay. when the video began to play i wow'ed finally a phone can play unconverted rmvb's!
but soon after that i wow'ed again since the video and audio out of sync.