Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
iPhone loving auntie beeb plugs N900. . Steve Jobs distorting reality as usual.

"Who is the biggest noise in the mobile world? In what looked like a moment of hubris during his iPad keynote on Wednesday, Steve Jobs claimed it was Apple."

"I've not yet had a look at it, but a number of people have told me that the N900 is pretty impressive. It's sold by retailers as a smartphone - but Nokia describes it as "a powerful touch-screen computer with excellent communications capabilities." it's obviously rather a different beast from the iPad, but its existence shows that Nokia does not want to be caught out again by the arrival of an innovative device which shapes a new market, as the iPhone did."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereport..._comeback.html

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Enyibinakata For This Useful Post:
Well, the n900 is nice, and I'll probably get lynched for saying this here, but right now the Motorola Droid is the best smart phone on the market, period. If the n900 can rise to the awesomeness of the Motorola Droid, then the n900 might retake the crown and beat both the MD and the iPhone into a paltry little pulp of bloody gore. Of course, throw in a little bit of the HTC Sense's UI goodness and you've got an unstoppable winner.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
iPhone loving auntie beeb plugs N900. . Steve Jobs distorting reality as usual.

"Who is the biggest noise in the mobile world? In what looked like a moment of hubris during his iPad keynote on Wednesday, Steve Jobs claimed it was Apple."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereport..._comeback.html
Why blame the entire company when it was only one jerk....

EDIT: Well, on second thought, never mind !!

The Following User Says Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Steve Jobs represents everything Apple, and so should be considered the devil in all ways and things. I touched an iMac for the first time ever yesterday, I still can't feel clean and I've been in the shower for 2 hours....

ofcourse..nokia is quiet comback.. bec that bbc always advertise apple product.. look at how many time they mentioned n presented about the look n picture of iphone.. go n search the n900 photo.there is non on their website. but we r not that stupid enough .. we r well informed about which is the best phone

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Well, the n900 is nice, and I'll probably get lynched for saying this here, but right now the Motorola Droid is the best smart phone on the market, period. If the n900 can rise to the awesomeness of the Motorola Droid, then the n900 might retake the crown and beat both the MD and the iPhone into a paltry little pulp of bloody gore. Of course, throw in a little bit of the HTC Sense's UI goodness and you've got an unstoppable winner.
The Droid still has no flash. The N900 had from day one.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego
We usually don't heard the last part where Steve says "in my dreams" in those sentences.

Largest mobile devices company in the world??? I think they also count iPod as a mobile device.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
i dont think MD is better that n900.. with the browser, i guess ur wrong.

right now the Motorola Droid is the best smart phone on the market, period.
There are several DROIDs at work undergoing testing, and we just got two Nexus Ones in today. The DROID suffers from having a keyboard that is simply too flat. It's large, yes, but the uncertainty with regards to typing is too high for any reasonable speed. The Nexus One is probably good but, well, no keyboard.

Aside from being the best Android device with a keyboard, I'm not sure what's so great about the DROID, honestly.

I'm really new to the smartphone market. And whilst waiting at a verizon store so that I could get a prepaid data plan, I sat at a kiosk and played with a Droid. Saw the ads in commercials and understood this was a iphone killer hopeful, but had no idea that I was playing with an Android phone at the time. I was thinking to myself. Bleh. Okay. Whatever. Not impressed with the UI.

Then after being wowed by the N900, I researched the competitors, and lo and behold, that unimpressive OS I played with was Android. Hmm. Is it any wonder that as Engadget displayed the Nexus One for the first time, I again was unimpressed. I do understand that Android is great because of the large availability of apps. But I think it failed to nab me because it's premise was improving on a limited cell phone os interface to begin with. Whereas the N900's premise was to turn a netbook/computer into a phone. And that really is what these smartphones should strive to have. I am by no means a phone aficionado, but do love my computers. The day that a phone has the type of smooth operation that my Thinkpad has, I will be a very happy camper. As it stands, the N900 is the closest thing to providing me that experience.

Re: the blog. I hate all things apple as much as the next person here. But as long as the majority of the worlds population prefers convenience and familiarity with someone telling them what is and what's not cool like the Lemmings that they are, Apple is in great shape. What they shouldn't do is try to pretend they are something that they clearly are not. It's typical American-centric thinking. They have a huge market share in the US and conclude they own the rest of the world.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtbaka For This Useful Post: