Posts: 60 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Btw, that package is for arm cpus.(dnsmasq-base_2.45-1+lenny1_arm.deb)N900 is armel.
[added] http://packages.debian.org/search?su...ywords=dnsmasq
You're right. Thank you. I uploaded the correct package and added your link.

Sorry if you tried the arm package.

The Following User Says Thank You to gobuki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
it is working!!! you are a genius gobuki! I am officially installing linux from my N900 over pxe. Nice...

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
*blush*

I'm glad i could help you.

Edit: The real geniuses are the creators of the tools we use. I only configured what was already there.

Last edited by gobuki; 2010-07-31 at 19:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to gobuki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
This is why I bought an n900. Thumbs up. Nice thread. And I donīt have the problem esthreel HAD (caps intended ).

There should be an option to thank a whole thread, rather than just one post. Sticky potential here.

Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
wooowww nice job thread.

this is the nicest and the best looking forum.

and the community is helpful

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Hello guys, just some updates. Install went pretty smooth, but I probably forgot to install desktop environment Since i am not totally new to linux i managed to install LXDE and startx. Later on i decided to try boot from nokia using usb cable and mass storage mode. I created startup image on my microSD. Things went really smooth, pc booted no problem from nokia N900, i can even use live version this way. (note to myself keep an extra sd card with linux) But the new linux ubuntu 10 was... to complicated and i hate the mac os feeling. so using the same method and booted up and installed Lubuntu. after some setup I have brightness control working, skype, chrome 6 with HTML5 support (flash sucks on linux). AND FINALLY i have a working Bluetooth! (bluemaemo setup was super easy) Thanks for the help guys

The Following User Says Thank You to esthreel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by esthreel View Post
Hello guys, just some updates. Install went pretty smooth, but I probably forgot to install desktop environment Since i am not totally new to linux i managed to install LXDE and startx. Later on i decided to try boot from nokia using usb cable and mass storage mode. I created startup image on my microSD. Things went really smooth, pc booted no problem from nokia N900, i can even use live version this way. (note to myself keep an extra sd card with linux) But the new linux ubuntu 10 was... to complicated and i hate the mac os feeling. so using the same method and booted up and installed Lubuntu. after some setup I have brightness control working, skype, chrome 6 with HTML5 support (flash sucks on linux). AND FINALLY i have a working Bluetooth! (bluemaemo setup was super easy) Thanks for the help guys
mac os x feeling ? You mean the window buttons on the left instead of right ? You can change those in gconf-editor -> apps - > metacity -> general -> button_layout.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
mac os x feeling ? You mean the window buttons on the left instead of right ? You can change those in gconf-editor -> apps - > metacity -> general -> button_layout.
Actually, they should really be changed in the theme's index.theme itself. Otherwise, despite changing it in GConf, if you set another theme and then go back to the default theme, you'll find the buttons on the left again.

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
GoBuki: could you please post the intructions here if you still have them, your site has been offline for the last day, and I'm in dyre need of doing this, else I'll have no laptop for the next week

Thanks.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ China
Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
GoBuki: could you please post the intructions here if you still have them, your site has been offline for the last day, and I'm in dyre need of doing this, else I'll have no laptop for the next week

Thanks.
You need unetbootin and memstick, perhaps:
Originally Posted by gobuki View Post
Fencer's solution is the easiest if you have some usb flash media and another pc where you can install unetbootin.