Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I'm in (No.171), so one idividual more

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
We soonish will change the http://neo900.org/#donate display to show count of "preorders" which is the really relevant value in this phase of the project funding campaign.
This is a "131" now (including some doublettes from those who want to concatenate multiple donations into one rebated device purchase, so the actual number is a few clicks lower).

I still have hopes that we'll reach my inofficial private deadline of 200 "preorders" on 2014-01-01. The calculations of device price and feasibility been based on this number of devices preordered.

Here again the phases as we see them:

Phase1: collect 5000EUR__[check]
Phase2: collect 15000EUR_[check]
Phase3: collect 25000EUR_[check]
Phase4: 200 preorders (100+EUR donations)
Phase5: 1000 preorders (100+EUR donations)
Phase6: 1000 preorders on a regular schedule (like: every 8 weeks)

We need to start the promised public discussion what you want us to do with the "excess" donations amount.
if we get more budget, we discuss with the community to build more prototypes or add features etc. or use it to make series production cheaper.
My idea for now is to use those funds to preorder hard-to-source components so we don't need to buy them expensive in a hurry and then wait 12 weeks for them to arrive, once we want to start with mass production. Particularly I ponder about the N900 spare parts which get shipped from Asia and can take quite a while to arrive. What do you think?

/j

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Sweden chipping in a donation / preorder here!

I would personally Love to se dual sim capability, or I would have to go back to carrying 3 phones again :/
I know this would probably not happen, but it's a nice dream!

Keep up the great work, I really miss my n900!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ilon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ilon View Post
Sweden chipping in a donation / preorder here!

I would personally Love to se dual sim capability, or I would have to go back to carrying 3 phones again :/
I know this would probably not happen, but it's a nice dream!

Keep up the great work, I really miss my n900!
Thanks for donation! :-)
We had dual-SIM on our list of features already, but we removed it when it became obvious that Option801 is no option (SCNR). We'll see what we can do, I'm also considering dual-SIM a killer feature. Maybe we should actually add it again to the feature list and simply plan for a solution independent from modem supporting it.
However no single-modem solution with external circuitry to get 2 SIMs attached can provide Dual-SIM-Dual-Standby (DSDS) functionality. It's always just a "Dual-SIM shift" convenience thing to simplify "swapping the SIM". For DSDS you need support from modem, and so far we only know of Option801 to offer that.

cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-11-07 at 21:20.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
We had dual-SIM on our list of features already, but we removed it ... We'll see what we can do, I'm also considering dual-SIM a killer feature. Maybe we should actually add it again to the feature list and simply plan for a solution independent from modem supporting it.
Please do so (begging, begging, begging)

However no single-modem solution can provide dual-online-SIM functionality. It's always just a convenience thing to simplify "swapping the SIM
jOERG
Clear.
Or just -even more simple- keep mini SIM tray (reminder: so using adapter os possible).

--
of course real Dual SIM would be killer!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-11-07 at 21:26.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Courtesy of our awesome frontman Sebastian (Dos1) we have a significantly improved progress bar already. Check it out!
[edit] we have a completely redesigned donation page section now, and I think it looks awesome and transports exactly what we need it to transport.
/j

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-11-08 at 02:26.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
looks awesome, useful info. color of >1500 blends in with bg

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
actually the whole thing does

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
TV-in is too complex (unless we might get HDMI codec chip which I seriously doubt we will do) A dedicated radio chip for only that purpose you suggested would be a poor expense/value ratio. You could achive same functionality by exploiting BT. Sorry I missed your question when you asked first time. cheers jOERG
sorry for what ??you guys are already communicating beyond levels seen before btw bluetoot ? Seriously Yep i get it that can be set to always lisening but dont you think range is beyond acceptable levels 200mts without interference max and it would be useless when powerd off . I was thinking of some hf lisening module or using the permitted am fm range of frequencies for the message .That way it can be tracked activated if light years away actually it should be direct as soon as you put the battery it comes to life

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
My idea for now is to use those funds to preorder hard-to-source components so we don't need to buy them expensive in a hurry and then wait 12 weeks for them to arrive, once we want to start with mass production. Particularly I ponder about the N900 spare parts which get shipped from Asia and can take quite a while to arrive. What do you think?

/j
From an egoistic point of view, I see best-feature-set-possible "board-only" Neo900 (where you cannibalize own N900's parts) as a much more important goal, than "basic" Neo900 sold inside aftermarket N900 cases, already.

So, from my subjective POV, using exceed money for more prototypes/cheaper series production later/whatever is more profitable than sourcing N900 parts (unless we're talking specifically about parts that *need* to be integrated on board, like screen connector port).

I wonder, what others think, especially, people that pre-ordered already (unlike me, sadly, so their opinion is more important IMO)?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!