Notices

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Hello
It it possible to make .deb for maemo Diablo (n8x0)?
Tanks

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by crown77 View Post
well okay thank you again for the explain but the positioning works with the n900 inbulid gps chip and not online like googlemaps usually works so thats the big Plus becouse its more precise?
The googlemaps web site can be as precise if you install the "geolocation" package for the browser and enable "sharing your location" with the google web sites.

My main goal with geeps is to offer a "as-native" user interface as possible and integrate the map application with other applications/web services on the n900. I particularly find very hard to use the googlemaps standard web site on the n900.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sao Paulo / Brazil
Does it have the Street View feature???

Thatīd be really really AWESOME!!!

Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Hello
It it possible to make .deb for maemo Diablo (n8x0)?
Tanks
Kroll,
Unfortunately not easily (or at least I don't think so).
In order for geeps to track your location it uses the QtMobility location extension and I don't think there is an implementation of it for diablo.
I would need to implement the "location" service w/o relying on QtMobility but I don't have a external gps and my n800 doens't have an internal one so I can't test .
The only other option would be to create a version that can't track your current location but I am not sure how helpful that would be.
Felipe

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by igorlt View Post
Does it have the Street View feature???

Thatīd be really really AWESOME!!!
Not yet!

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Kroll,
Unfortunately not easily (or at least I don't think so).
In order for geeps to track your location it uses the QtMobility location extension and I don't think there is an implementation of it for diablo.
I would need to implement the "location" service w/o relying on QtMobility but I don't have a external gps and my n800 doens't have an internal one so I can't test .
The only other option would be to create a version that can't track your current location but I am not sure how helpful that would be.
Felipe
Thanks for your answer.
Okey, let me ask another question: Can you make some sort of native Google maps application just to make n8x0 users search something on google maps easy.
maemo mapper with layers is not very comfortable app for google maps.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Thanks for your answer.
Okey, let me ask another question: Can you make some sort of native Google maps application just to make n8x0 users search something on google maps easy.
maemo mapper with layers is not very comfortable app for google maps.
Thanks.
Kroll,
I can try... just can't promise will happen soon...

If you or anybody has the development environment ready (scratchbox/diablo/qt) it should be a matter of just commenting out stuff that I can help pointing out and create the package. Otherwise I will try when I get a chance. (but backporting macuco for diablo is long overdue and I still haven't gotten to it).

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-10-29 at 16:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
NEW RELEASE - 0.0.12

This is just a simple fix so the application applies correctly the settings saved on the previous session to the map (traffic, bike, accuracy, map type).

Thanks YoDude for reporting.

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Nice!

However, this version no longer pulls the traffic layer. This layer remains selectable from the drop down menu but their is no change in the display.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
It doesn't load map, just white scren, though when i switch to terrain i got the map. that's really wierd.

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
It doesn't load map, just white scren, though when i switch to terrain i got the map. that's really wierd.
It can take a while (especially the first time) because it will have to download the map tiles.

The best (only?) way to get a feeling for what is going on is to monitor the cpu usage (I would go crazy w/o the "cpumem-applet" application/package). The CPU usage will be high any time the application is downloading maps.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900: