Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
As far as I see, I can't find anything of about responsibility for tablet. I think I should remove all my posts from this thread

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Since the split will happen in autumn, and the tablet will happen before, Jolla is responsible for the tablet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
Asked. We ve just to wait For a reply
Sorry to tell that it actually was the first time this year Antti Saarnio popped a comment on that fb group, so an answere is unlikely.
Also tagging him has not much of an effect.
He likely was hinted by staff to the "rambling in early stage" going on over there and wanted to "clarify" in "public" and his attention went away within 5 minutes.
I am totally surprised he got back to my comment and do now regret to not have asked at least one of the more obvious questions then just to hint on more frequent communication to the community, due to not expecting a further comment by him anyway :/

but thats how it goes on fb... we fanboy around on one of theyr official public communication channels and get rewarded with random CEO survivaljackets when a stromfront arises

(PS: {to fanboy} developed into a verb already, did'nt it?)

He has done Like on a comment in wich is tagged, below my comment..so he would Have read

The Following User Says Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Antti Saarnio @ Jolla Pioneers Facebook group about 2h ago:

and when i wished him luck with theyr plans in a comment he answered:

Antti Saarnio
Thanks for forwarding this on.

It does confirm what I have been saying though. Making devices is expensive and it does remove focus from the core initiative of getting Sailfish into the mass market. I still reckon there will be no more Jolla devices after the tablet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
N.B. Make sure you've read the other main articles ref'd in this thread too.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Thanks for the update Niel and thanks for your monetary donation already! I hope I will find time to get the competition up any time later this year, or any takers?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Thanks for the update Niel and thanks for your monetary donation already! I hope I will find time to get the competition up any time later this year, or any takers?
There is hard work ahead still.
First, keep this alive

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
“These creatures you call mice, you see, they are not quite as they appear. They are merely the protrusion into our dimension of vastly hyperintelligent pandimensional beings.”

finally got my keyboard yesterday but unfortunately a lot of keys don't work properly or even not at all
until now i had the glimpse of a hope that Jolla device might once replace the N900 but... this is not going to happen
better off hoping for a SailfishOS port to the Motorola xt897 i guess

on the other hand, getting the money back from Neo900 "investment" seems a limited perspective as well, so maybe hoping for that?
then again, after using a Lumia and CyanogenMod on the Moto it appears all the more clearly how... immature Meamo in fact is, with a lot of things which are simply working on other platforms (even SailfishOS...) don't on Fremantle, alas.

was a fun ride, but i guess it's over...
pic even was made with a N900... ¦:-}
Attached Images

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Locking. Thread has served it's purpose...
Original reason it was started has since become redundant, OP has since learnt more & clarified his position.

If folks want to start generic threads like;
"What will happen at MWC?", or "What do the coming organisational restructures mean?", by all means do so.
I'll happily to link to them from here if you let me know.

BR.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread