Active Topics

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
one thing that you could try is to use original openmode kernel, or to use stock kernel. Just in case the kernels would have some differences.
Yep, did that already.
But.once.again.checked.it.out.
Result:
l2fix: no SIP
standard open mode: no SIP
e-yes nitdroid: no SIP
stock Harmattan kernel: working SIP
going back to l2fix.openmode: no SIP

All with ubiboot, but I cannot think of loading 2nd stage kernel being the cause. Or?

One more detail, which make me sure it is not related to my provider but to kernel (and maybe other may check this also): even with an internal FRITZ!Box account behaviour is the same.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Curitiba-PR . Brasil
sip.voipraider.com + N9 open mode = ok for me

The Following User Says Thank You to Rogatti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Yep, did that already.
But.once.again.checked.it.out.
Result:
l2fix: no SIP
standard open mode: no SIP
e-yes nitdroid: no SIP
stock Harmattan kernel: working SIP
going back to l2fix.openmode: no SIP

All with ubiboot, but I cannot think of loading 2nd stage kernel being the cause. Or?

One more detail, which make me sure it is not related to my provider but to kernel (and maybe other may check this also): even with an internal FRITZ!Box account behaviour is the same.
So you tested stock harmattan kernel in open mode and it worked? If so why dont you just use that one in openmode? As AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN also works for stock kernel in open mode.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-05-03 at 06:02.

Yes, also thought so.
But I even could not mount ubifs when using stock kernel.
Means I need to install incept and ariadne (and all those other workarounds, I am not yet aware of).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

You dont need to use ubifs with ubiboot-02, people really should not be using ubiboot-01 anyways.

Usually on stock kernel you just export AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN=com.nokia.maemo dpkg -i opensh*.deb

After that you can just use opensh command and do all the mounting with that.

And as SIP works for other people in openmode, then its most likely that your SIP provider is somehow wierd, or you just have screwed the aegis accounts store to be in secure vs openmode conflict (as that manifests in exactly the symptoms that you describe (ie credentials not lasting the reboot)).
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-05-03 at 06:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Guys my n9 SIP account used to work flawlessly with Wi-Fi as well as on data connection. But for some time now the SIP account is not connecting with Wi-Fi . It keeps giving the error as "Network error". Whereas still it does get connected to SIP when I try with phone data connection. I have Status menu extensions installed. But i installed it way back. Please help.

Originally Posted by adnankamal9 View Post
Guys my n9 SIP account used to work flawlessly with Wi-Fi as well as on data connection. But for some time now the SIP account is not connecting with Wi-Fi . It keeps giving the error as "Network error". Whereas still it does get connected to SIP when I try with phone data connection. I have Status menu extensions installed. But i installed it way back. Please help.
Most likely your wifi offers the phone a nonworking nameservers with dhcp. You can check your /etc/resolv.conf and see whats in there. On some cases you can just fix it yourself, for example by running following command as root "echo nameserver 8.8.8.8 > /etc/resolv.conf". Ofcourse real fix is to login to your wifi accesspoint and fix the nameservers in there.

You dont need to use ubifs with ubiboot-02, people really should not be using ubiboot-01 anyways
Okay, agreed to be better to use ubiboot-02 (easier and less geeky).
But why else? Because of wear? And what about this then?

Usually on stock kernel you just export AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN=com.nokia.maemo dpkg -i opensh*.deb

After that you can just use opensh command and do all the mounting with that.
Thank you very much for that response. I was frightened, that I would need a lot more to tweak.

And as SIP works for other people in openmode, ...
Yes, please see my additional info!

..., then its most likely that your SIP provider is somehow wierd, or you just have screwed the aegis accounts store to be in secure vs openmode conflict (as that manifests in exactly the symptoms that you describe (ie credentials not lasting the reboot)).
Please read my first post again. It has nothing to do with my VoIP providers (een an internal FRITZ!Box account showed same symptoms). And it also has nothing to do with password or aegis anymore. My passwords work just fine and all mail accounts as well. Even the SIP passwords work (when chosen right kernel).

-- ADDITIONAL INFO
But now I flashed the L2 cache fix OpenMode kernel directly (no ubiboot anymore). And guess what?
All SIP accounts do work. I can place/receive calls...

So I think its now you juiceme, or?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
But why else? Because of wear? And what about this then?
Well yes, what I have always said is that you WILL burn your flash with it. It might be tomorrow or next month but it will happen sooner or later

So I think its now you juiceme, or?
Hmm well, when the 2nd stage kernel is started there are things that are not fully initialized, so in theory (and that follows, then also in practice) it is possible that some anomalies arise that affect VOIP accounts. Could be something relating to kernel iptables, for example...

Also this might be HW version specific, just like the boot problems that are known to affect rev.1603 devices.

What I'd do is try to find out, first from kernel logging the difference of starting for example the L2fixed kernel directly and via kexec().
When/If the differences are found, next step is to build a kernel that fixes the initialization.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Hmm well, when the 2nd stage kernel is started there are things that are not fully initialized, so in theory (and that follows, then also in practice) it is possible that some anomalies arise that affect VOIP accounts. Could be something relating to kernel iptables, for example...
What kind of staff does not get initialized?
I understood kexec as if the kernel (and hereby OS) is completely restarted?
And yes I had something like that also in mind, but I am still using the N9 as "toy", so I do not have all that stuff installed (as on my N900) to check out deeper (like a simple traceroute ...).

Also this might be HW version specific, just like the boot problems that are known to affect rev.1603 devices.
Oh nooooo.

What I'd do is try to find out, first from kernel logging the difference of starting for example the L2fixed kernel directly and via kexec().
When/If the differences are found, next step is to build a kernel that fixes the initialization.
A simple dmesg will not be sfficient, or?
I just've seen that a simple-syslog-daemon is already installed!? Will that output be sufficient? Or do you want me to install klogd/syklogd? Please let me know before I am going to flash forth and back kernels.

Of course I will check those outputs against anomalies/differences, but am afraid that I will not be the one to find the culprit.
I hope you will help me with that?