Notices

Closed Thread
.Hello scorpius,when i press the download button in http://uppit.com/evgjyn5qsrsr/yappari_0.0.17_armel.deb appears a web with an error message

404 Not Found

nginx

where i can update 0.0.16 version to 0.017 by xterminal or another web

thanks master

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
@osjh & es11pro

here you go: http://ubuntuone.com/1z9gwcu6gjTvRCFbaORWgD

@Scorpius
contacts sync is working great, thanks for your work

The Following User Says Thank You to mlwane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ port harcourt
got no ish with yappari...contact sync works superb without laggin on ma n900...thanks scorpius

The Following User Says Thank You to harry_e20000 For This Useful Post:
Contacts sync works better than the original whatsapp, you rockz man! Thank you very much!!!

sync work like a dream, but i have a question do we still need to change our contacts to internatiaonal format because after sync some contact didnt appear but when i changed em to international format and re-sync they appeared, do we need to do this again or not?

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
is it safe to downgrade from 0.0.17 to 16? either 17 is doing more stuff in background or the higher memory comsumption is making it being swapped out and is making my phone more laggy

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by c4rl05 View Post
sync work like a dream, but i have a question do we still need to change our contacts to internatiaonal format because after sync some contact didnt appear but when i changed em to international format and re-sync they appeared, do we need to do this again or not?
If the contact is an international contact, you have to do it anyway. If it's a local contact you don't need to.

If it's a local contact without an area code, you have to at least add the area code.

Originally Posted by llucax View Post
is it safe to downgrade from 0.0.17 to 16? either 17 is doing more stuff in background or the higher memory comsumption is making it being swapped out and is making my phone more laggy
0.0.17 is not doing anything in the background but it keeps more things in resident memory so the memory consumption is higher. I'm working on optimize that to have the same memory consumption than 0.0.16.

It's safe to downgrade.

Originally Posted by karatestarfish View Post
Not everyone agrees with you.
People who doesn't agree with Whatsapp principles and STILL want to use it DO have problems. Make your stand and stop using Whatsapp at once!

Originally Posted by nokix View Post
Since I just reflashed my device, I installed afresh the 0.0.17 deb instead of upgrading from 0.0.16. After installing 0.0.17, I could not register. The progress bar just kept going for 2 minutes, before the main window showed up with the message "The verification SMS was never received. Please try later." showing in the status area. No logs or yappari.conf were created. So I uninstalled 0.0.17, installed 0.0.16, registered, and upgraded to 0.0.17. And things seem to work fine so far.
Yes, I just confirmed registration stopped working in 0.0.17. Thanks for the report!

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-07-23 at 20:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
For version 0.0.17, is there a significant difference in 3G data usage with the new feature contact sync ?

I didn't upgrade to v0.0.17 yet

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by tonypower88 View Post
For version 0.0.17, is there a significant difference in 3G data usage with the new feature contact sync ?

I didn't upgrade to v0.0.17 yet
Depends on the number of contacts. A good number would be the number of contacts you have times 90. So if you have 1000 contacts you'll be consuming ~85 KB every time you connect to Whatsapp servers.

In an official Whatsapp client would be that number every hour, so if you have 1000 contacts you'll be consuming around ~2 MB each day.

I have this idea about "Smart sync" to optimize that a little bit. Something like sync your whole address book once a day, and every hour sync just confirmed Whatsapp users (so people's status would be refreshed every hour). Maybe code a GUI to configure it even more. There are some people that just don't care about people's status and could turn that off or set it like once a day or something like that.

Other people just LOVE reading people's status like every minute and would love to sync even more often than an hour. That's why the option "Sync Now" was added, for those status freaks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Great Job Scorpius. Thank's a lot. Sync works very well.

The Following User Says Thank You to tig3r81 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp