Active Topics

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by RenegadeFanboy View Post
No. 14 The ability to develop for N900/Maemo 5 under Mac OS X without a VM. (e.g. Qt + MADDE)

All the sensible VM options are paying ones under Mac, so I only started to play around w the development idea, when MADDE came.
VirtualBox is pretty solid on Mac. While I haven't tried it on Mac, on Windoze the `official` VMWare image works flawlessly in VirtualBox so you don't even need to setup your own environment, just plug and play, and I see no reason why should it be otherwise on Mac as well (my friend is running Ubuntu on his Mac through VirtualBox and have had no issues with it).

You will have to use some sort of VM/emu if you are to target ARMEL devices on OS X anyway...

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I'd be even more interested if I could edit it and add myself.
you have to log in again on the wiki page (it is the same user but not SSO) and enter (again!) your email for your wiki profile - after that is confirmed, the edit works.

Vote on the N900 in the Engadget Awards!
My continously built proposal(-devel) for maemo.org community.
Do you want to save your favourite thing about maemo & community? Make sure you list it here.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
you have to log in again on the wiki page (it is the same user but not SSO) and enter (again!) your email for your wiki profile - after that is confirmed, the edit works.
Cannot log in at wiki page. Period. Refused. Denied.

I am told I should try re-confirming email at meego.com. Will do.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
I'd say the Maemo experience. What plans are there to get N900s into the hands of Moblin developers? What plans are there to step them through the series of 30 second videos showcasing Maemo features and GUI?

Originally Posted by Alan_Peery View Post
What plans are there to step them through the series of 30 second videos showcasing Maemo features and GUI?
The 30 second intros (even if that was Nokia Conversations) are good assets too, good to remember.

Do you want to save your favourite thing about maemo & community? Make sure you list it here.

No. XX -devel and -testing repos

I would like to have -devel and -testing repos for meego too. I really enjoy the freedom to brick my device, just because I decide to Direct access to developers, alpha and beta software is great (if you are into hardcore BDSM).

Edited for clarity of the hardcore part

Last edited by RenegadeFanboy; 2010-02-17 at 10:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RenegadeFanboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
(if you are into hardcore BSDM).
isn't that BDSM?

anyway, i agree - the devel/testing/extras structure is a part of the freedom i wouldn't want to miss.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
This BSDM talk is making me exicited about MeeGo.

BDSM repository for MeeGo, please. Now, that's innovation.

Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post
So reading over the proposal (thanks for creating one!):

I'm seeing that nearly ALL of the members are affiliated with Maemo. While it is good for the Maemo community, will it cause any resistance from the Moblin community?
It seems to be evening out somewhat now, if I'm reading the page correctly. The Maemo folks were probably just a bit quicker than those other folks (we expected no less either! )

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Quim, with the move to Linux Foundation and a new MeeGo bugzilla, can we expect to see more open discussion in public bugs from "internal" developers, and a much reduced dependence on the internal and very private Nokia defect tracking system?

One thing that Intel may bring to this party is their more open (as in less private) approach to defect tracking, which is long overdue.
Quim, since the public tracking of defects is often the most fundamental aspect of an open software development project, would it help if this was moved to a thread of it's own?