Active Topics

I am either slow or something is a miss...after mixed results searching a few times I am posting this....using Search Forums...Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms...is what I usually get!!!!

When I was directed to "SEARCH" for spamaverter's post nothing came...Search by User Name

Found it under "video call" when I used Search by Key Word...yet no listing under "spamaverter" kind of strange and maybe why folks get blasted for not searching....the IT search program does not work like google/yahoo/ask/etc...have to try different ways to get the information you are looking for...when one is "up to their eyeballs with "gators" it is hard to remember the objective was to empty the swamp...kind of thing...

cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to here.david For This Useful Post:
The forum search is not too great. It is sad because it causes a lot of redundant posts. Use google instead and enter this in the searchform:

Code:
site:www.internettablettalk.com spamaverter

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamthewalrus For This Useful Post:
Forum search sucks big time. Period.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Toulouse, France
I often find that I get too many results, and I don't have the time or the patience to look through them all to find the one or two (it's usually no more than that) that answer(s) my query. Maybe I'm just not good enough at formulating specific searches. I agree that Google tends to be better.

Yeah vBulletin's search has never been very good, unfortunately. The advanced search is better, but you pretty much have to have a good idea of what you're trying to find, the search is much more "literal" than say, Google.

Last edited by CyberCat; 2008-02-02 at 20:11.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
Use google instead...
The "power search using Google" link on the site's main page is an easy way to do this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
The "power search using Google" link on the site's main page is an easy way to do this.
Any chance this can be enhanced to also return links to the google cache for the pages returned by power search?

This would be a huge help for pages at x.maemo.org where x not equal talk.

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
google is almighty. it knows everything. ask google.

Tags
search