Active Topics

Hello, i want to troubleshotting a touchscreen issue as it stops working suddently, i can hear the taps on the screen but it doesn't respond.

so I want to connect to my device and restart some processes in order to check if some of them are causing this problem...

anyone tell me please the process or daemon or creature that checks the touchscreen state (or whatever it does)

thanks !

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
I assume you rebooted?

more about the problem...
it has happened when i am listening music, as the music keeps playing normally, i assume that this problem is not a system freeze... and just the touchscreen is affected...
---------
after rebooting everything is fine, but... i don't want to reboot everytime something is failing...

my "idea" is to set somekind of hotkey to kill certaing processes that might be causing this...
-------------------------------
thanks

maybe this should do the trick:
/etc/init.d/hildon-desktop stop && sleep 1 && /etc/init.d/hildon-desktop start
--- but i haven't tested yet... -- waiting... until this thing freezes...

>>>/etc/systemui/systemui.xml <== i know this will help me when i find the correct command, anyone that have messed with this file toe execute external scripts?... i couldn't

Last edited by pulketo; 2009-12-08 at 07:46.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
My unresponsive touchscreen solution:

Occasionally my N800 touchscreen stops responding. Rather than reboot, I am almost always (in fact, it may be always) able to fix it by using the hardware keys to "Lock touch screen and keys" and then unlocking. Obviously, that's *way* faster than rebooting.

(For what you're trying to do, pulketo, you're familiar with the "Load Applet," yes?)

Last edited by GeraldKo; 2009-12-08 at 17:01.

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
My unresponsive touchscreen solution:

Occasionally my N800 touchscreen stops responding. Rather than reboot, I am almost always (in fact, it may be always) able to fix it by using the hardware keys to "Lock touch screen and keys" and then unlocking. Obviously, that's *way* faster than rebooting.

(For what you're trying to do, pulketo, you're familiar with the "Load Applet," yes?)
that doesn't work for mine but.... i was able to make it work again with this :
/etc/init.d/hildon-desktop stop && sleep 1 && /etc/init.d/hildon-desktop start
-------------
so i need/want to add an entry to the powerbutton quick menu to run this script... i tried yesterday but i just break the menu over and over (/etc/systemui/systemui.xml)... anyone to help me??