Poll: Will this be your last Nokia product?
Poll Options
Will this be your last Nokia product?

Will this be your last Nokia product (insert any Nokia product)? Also write why you choose your answer if you picked one.

LET ME CLARIFY. i do not HATE OR DISLIKE MY N900, i LIKE IT, it DOES WHAT I WANT, and i like it. So stop making assumptions or false accusations that i hate it.

This post is not meant to be negative, maybe the way you view it is negative. This post is solely for seeing how many people will remain with Nokia. END OF DISCUSSION.

***UPDATE***
My Nokia N900 usb has been broken for awhile now no hopes in fixing it i guess... And the E71 is my main phone now which sucks compared to the N900...

And to the person who tagged my thread, **** you, you tool... How is your Nokia admiration now?

for the first 6 month period poll results refer to this post.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=59

1 year later, poll results...
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=104

Pre Nokia and Microsoft merger
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=110

Last edited by grumps312; 2011-02-13 at 03:06.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
No.

Why do you ask?

Just curious on how many people will remain brand loyalty to Nokia with the new release of N900 and so forth.

I know a lot of people who were felt very screwed by the N97. Myself included. Some of those still have it, some have gone to the 'it just works' iphone.

Im happy with my n900

It wont be my last.

After seeing the N96 + N97 I went for the Samsung i8510 and swore never to touch another Nokia product as long as I have control over my mobile phone contracts.

The Nokia N900 took me by surprise, I've been reading information on it for a long while but after seeing a preview of it and eventually reading reviews I knew my Nokia buying time hadn't finished.

Having previously owned several Nokia's (Nokia 6600 - Nokia N80 - N81) I've always been a fan of Sybmian but the latest S60v3.2 and S60v5 have been nothing but a disappointment to me and I was at one point looking at an iPhone........But I'm glad I didn't and I'm VERY happy with my N900, people keep complaining that its still weak and very early, but if this is still an infant then I'm willing to wait for puberty. If the N900 is the face of Nokia to come, I'll buy their products in the future.

No. An important distinction: my brand loyalty is to Maemo - I have never owned a S40/S60/S80/S90 Nokia device.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
It's not necessarily about brand loyalty. There are a few brands I would be very wary of buying in almost all fields of purchase. But honestly to say "I will never ever buy from X again" is to predict things about the market and myself that are simply not predictable.

I like the n900. No, I love it. But I bought it for what it is, not who makes it. I'm not one of those brand loyalty people who buys whatever 'my' company produces without thinking (just as well when you look at Nokia's ramge! ). But to ask me now if I will ever buy another? I could say I think it extremely unlikely I would ever buy an Apple product. But even then I can't say 'never'. Who knows who'll be making what in ten years time?

People are so prone to these global statement "I will never ever..." "That's finished me with..." Life is long and markets and manufacturers change.

I'll stay loyal to Nokia for a while, but I'll be slow in picking up new devices until they get a bit more polish on them, and stop with this crazy rapid obsolescence and abandonment system. I hate buying a new product only to find it lacking polish and in need of work that should already have been done before release, or buying a product after it's matured, and then find out I've been thrown to the curb because it's now "obsolete" and the next big immature product is on the shelf.

The biggest selling point with me would be to see Nokia providing better legacy support to its customers.

Doubtful. Actually the N900 is my first Nokia phone, whereas I have already had my last SE. I don't think it's at all unlikely I'll have an HTC at some point, but right now I have my hopes up for Maemo 6, so I think there's a real chance I may have yet another Nokia.

Hopefully one that's not as much of a brick as my N900.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Madrid, Spain
I'm only loyal to FOSS. My next phone will be the most open.