Notices

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by d-iivil View Post
Nono, it's very simple. If you didn't choose to use custom transitions then it doesn't matter what's in /opt/theme-customizer/transitions.ini

Just make sure that there's no transitions.ini under /etc/hildon/theme and then the system will use one located at /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini

But if the forcerotate still kicks in, then it must be bug with cssu.
Yes, I tried the TC's custom transitions, which I edited to disable the rotating, but left the speeds and decolorizing and what not.. N900 still rotates the menu and the few other things, so to me it seems also that hildon-desktop doesn't read the .ini properly.

It's just strange that others don't seem to have this issue?

-----

I tried commenting the few last lines from transitions.ini and did killall hildon-desktop after save, nothing is different.

After testing, I think that if I have the Phone running in the background, the different 'panes' in Settings open rotated if I have the Phone set to portrait. In 'vertical' that didn't happen. But I can't repeat that behavior 100% of the time, there seems to be a lot going on. I'm hoping someone updates something and everything works after that.. =(

Last edited by Mandibela; 2011-02-23 at 21:41.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
Yes, I tried the TC's custom transitions, which I edited to disable the rotating, but left the speeds and decolorizing and what not.. N900 still rotates the menu and the few other things, so to me it seems also that hildon-desktop doesn't read the .ini properly.

It's just strange that others don't seem to have this issue?

-----

I tried commenting the few last lines from transitions.ini and did killall hildon-desktop after save, nothing is different.

After testing, I think that if I have the Phone running in the background, the different 'panes' in Settings open rotated if I have the Phone set to portrait. In 'vertical' that didn't happen. But I can't repeat that behavior 100% of the time, there seems to be a lot going on. I'm hoping someone updates something and everything works after that.. =(
Menu (app launcher) should rotate without forcing so that's normal. But if ALL apps are rotating even forcerotate disabled, then you have something wrong.

If you don't like the rotating app menu, file a request to cssu team to make it configurable.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Menu (app launcher) should rotate without forcing so that's normal. But if ALL apps are rotating even forcerotate disabled, then you have something wrong.

If you don't like the rotating app menu, file a request to cssu team to make it configurable.
I never had the menu rotate before 12.1 of the cssu.

And am bothering the cssu thread already, so maybe someone will look into it.

Following is only for users who HAS CSSU installed:

Since Theme Customizer brings it's own modified hildon-home which does not support 9 desktops provided by one included in CSSU, I've made some changes that ignores my custom hildon-home if user has CSSU installed. So to get back the 9 desktop views with CSSU:

All you have to do is:
- upgrade the Theme Customizer to 0.9-69
- run these commands in terminal after upgrade:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
apt-get install --reinstall hildon-home
- reboot the phone or run Theme Customizer to get new hildon-home restarted and you should have 9 desktops available.

Note that this will make the "resize shortcut icons" funcion @ Theme Customizer useless, it won't work.

-------------------------

User who does not have CSSU installed won't notice any difference, they still have ability to resize the icons.

Edit #2: remember to run apt-get update before trying to reinstall the hildon-home....

Last edited by d-iivil; 2011-02-25 at 19:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Would it be possible to use your version instead of CSSU:s? I have no need for the added desktops.

Also, I noticed that the menu had my custom font for a while, until the last CSSU 12.5 update, when it changed back to the Nokia Sans original. (Attachments)

This could be possible?

I'm considering removing CSSU but it has its good sides as well.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
Would it be possible to use your version instead of CSSU:s? I have no need for the added desktops.

Also, I noticed that the menu had my custom font for a while, until the last CSSU 12.5 update, when it changed back to the Nokia Sans original. (Attachments)

This could be possible?

I'm considering removing CSSU but it has its good sides as well.
You can manually re-enable my modded hildon-home by typing this into x-term:
sudo gainroot
cp -rf /usr/bin/hildon-home.launch666 /usr/bin/hildon-home.launch

And then re-run Theme Customizer.

About the font thing: my guess is that you upgraded the CSSU and didn't run Customizer afterwards to set the font?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
Like Mandibela, I too prefer the ability to resize my icons than having additional desktops (in fact I've only ever used a single desktop since I bought the device). I noticed that ability went away with the update I pulled earlier today. I'm very glad to see that you preemptively answered my question

sudo gainroot

About the font thing: my guess is that you upgraded the CSSU and didn't run Customizer afterwards to set the font?
Yes, I did that and got the custom font back. And I think it went like that as well.

I'm just going to wait and see how CSSU gets updated. Hopefully a button manifests itself somewhere enabling the user to choose...

sudo gainroot

I also don't care about the extra desktops but want to have the resizeable shortcuts.

So I guess we need to copy your hildon-desktop manually everytime there is a new CSSU update?

Originally Posted by generationally View Post
I also don't care about the extra desktops but want to have the resizeable shortcuts.

So I guess we need to copy your hildon-desktop manually everytime there is a new CSSU update?
Unfortunately, yes.

I'll try to find out how to provide the info needed to include that functionality into CSSU hildon-home.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post: