Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Download from nokia store

Original post:
I'm probably not the only person who uses this site for discovering some great new songs. I've been looking at their developer resources and they have a lot up there for people who know how to use it. They seem to encourage people to make applications (web/ios/android/desktop)

I'm hoping someone who knows how and has time can take a look and see if it's possible to develop a soundcloud application for meego-harmattan.
some links to gander at.
http://developers.soundcloud.com/sdks
http://developers.soundcloud.com/docs

if you don't know soundcloud then check it out, there's some amazing new talent on it showcasing their songs.
edit:
i put the updates in ascending order(cba to redo it all) so first on top latest on bottom. guess i won't be asked to write changelogs any time soon for anyone haha.

[Update]
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
MusiKloud is now available from the Nokia Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/205764

[Update]

Thanks to marxian for picking this project up. Here are some updates from him which he's posted on the thread. Don't forget to thank him for his hard work and donate to help him out.

A quick progress update:

I now have search, download and playback working. When downloading, you can choose either the 128kb MP3 stream, or the original format (if available, some tracks cannot be downloaded (well, they can now ). I still need to create the UI for playback, and decide on a workflow for the application. I'm not really familiar with the SoundCloud service, so if you have any particular features that you would like to see included, just let me know.

I'll continue to post updates in this thread until I have something worth releasing. In the meantime, here's a few early screenshots:

Some more screenshots. I'm hoping to have an initial release ready after the weekend.

Seekable waveform (with position indicator) and comments now in the track info screen. I just need to tweak the layout a bit.

I have posted an early demo of MusiKloud on Youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=bLg8YhMaq90
UPDATE 20/09/2011

Lest anyone think this might be vapourware, here's some screenshots of the new 'light' theme for MusiKloud. The application is feature complete and works smoothly, and just needs some final polishing before I submit it to the Ovi Store.

UPDATE 22/09/2011

Following feedback regarding the colours used in the Harmattan version of cuteTube, I decided to offer a full range of colours in MusiKloud. There are 18 to choose from, and the colours are those provided by Nokia (there is a different set of button backgrounds etc for each colour). The colour applies to highlighted text, progress bars, buttons and some icons etc. I will implement the same thing for cuteTube.

Some screenshots:

UPDATE 23/09/2011
Latest video demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMJ7JXe_4kQ
UPDATE 25/09/2011
Dashboard now implemented:

You can refresh it using the tool button.
UPDATE 27/09/2011
I will start looking at the notifications API in order to implement it in a future update. It won't be in the initial release because I'm happy to announce that I have now submitted MusiKloud to Nokia Store QA. Here's some screenshots of the finished product:

UPDATE 18/10/2011
Scrobbling to Last.fm is now implemented. I just need to give it some further testing before I submit an update to Nokia Store QA.

UPDATE 24/10/2011
I have now submitted version 1.0.2 to Nokia Store QA. Here's the changelog:

New features:

* Scrobbling of tracks to Last.fm.

* Improved behaviour of text inputs to make text entry and navigation easier.

Bug fixes:

* Crashing when cancelling/resuming saved downloads.

* Character encoding errors in track sharing via SoundCloud connections.

* Searching for people was broken.

* Theming of some custom menu items (search and sorting) was broken by the PR1.1 firmware update.

Last edited by smegheadz; 2011-10-24 at 17:18.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
The API looks pretty straightforward. I will register an application and have a play around.

My website

GitHub

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
The API looks pretty straightforward. I will register an application and have a play around.
thanks man, i appreciate it. i've no time for learning everything with my head full of learning work related stuff on a daily basis.

btw i like how you are making the cutetube for meego-harmattan, very clean and blends with native UI well. the meamo 5 version is pretty sweet too. much cleaner then the previous UI.

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
A quick progress update:

I now have search, download and playback working. When downloading, you can choose either the 128kb MP3 stream, or the original format (if available, some tracks cannot be downloaded (well, they can now ). I still need to create the UI for playback, and decide on a workflow for the application. I'm not really familiar with the SoundCloud service, so if you have any particular features that you would like to see included, just let me know.

I'll continue to post updates in this thread until I have something worth releasing. In the meantime, here's a few early screenshots:

My website

GitHub

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
You always take the projects I desire, Marxian.

Looks like the only way to settle this dispute is the ol' fashioned way.

More On-Topic:

It's looking good. Soundcloud is something I occasionally dabble in.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Some more screenshots. I'm hoping to have an initial release ready after the weekend.

My website

GitHub

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
WOW! keep up the good work Marxian

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unfuccwittable For This Useful Post:
wow great work by Marxian

my money should be paid to you for getting n9!

The Following User Says Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
wow did you just made it in two days ? I mean.... wow

btw thread's name should be changed by now

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
....*sniffs* I think I'm about to cry now.. I woke up this morning to find this thread. The same guy who made cuteTube is making the SoundCloud app for MeeGo/Maemo! I am just in awe right now for the Maemo community.

I have been using the stock MicroB browser to upload my music/art onto the site, and let me tell you, it's a kind of a pain because the site it kinda slow through the browser.. but everything works though! So hopefully MusiKloud will be a faster process for me.
So let's check out what we got so far.. Everything is looking good, but there should be an uploading feature after you log in to your account. Also, when viewing a track, we should be able to see the "waves" of the entire song. As the track is playing, there should show some real-time user comments (if any) popping up. There should be a small button to turn those comments on/off on the right side just like on the site. There should also be a share, add to set (which is like an album page), share to a group, download, favorite, edit, delete, etc. The default color scheme of the site include silver, grey, orange (kinda like maemo.org, haha), and some blue for the clickable links, and commenting space..

If you need anyone to do any graphics for the UI, holla at me, and I'd be obliged to help out. Also, if anyone's interested, you can hit me up on SoundCloud. I make chiptune and Trance beats, mostly electronic stuff. \:D/

// Roth

Last edited by Roth; 2011-08-13 at 16:17.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roth For This Useful Post:

Tags
music, musikloud, soundcloud