Originally Posted by qole View Post
Quim assured us that all of the Pidgin protocols would be handled through telepathy-haze. So that means IM support for MSN, ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, and more.
So does this mean that all those other IM will also be on the contact "card" as Ovi Chat and Gtalk ?

That would be great

Will this workflow be possible with a N900 and Maemo 5:

1) Connect n900 directly to a Canon EOS via usb cable.

2) Browse to a reasonably sized jpeg on FAT16 compact flash card and transfer image to N900.

3) Open it in some basic image editor to lighten or darken. (something with a histogram, but Gimp is over kill)

5) Add IPTC info to the file.

5) Send via FTP.

Another question for me is interoperability with the Mac OS via bluetooth, i.e. calendar, adressbook, file transfer etc. Symbian is very very good at this, where as the iPhone is very limited.

I'm happy on an e71 with ATT at the moment, but would jump ship in a second if the N900 and Maemo 5 are this capable.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by qhorse View Post
So does this mean that all those other IM will also be on the contact "card" as Ovi Chat and Gtalk ?

That would be great
Just like in previous tablets and previous versions of Maemo, yes. If they are implemented through telepathy-haze, they will show up on the contact card and among your list of ways to contact that particular person. Keep your eyes out for more protocols being added in the future. There's a few in the pipeline now that I think a lot of people will enjoy.

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
I see that the list of games got updated, to reflect the usual suspects and that bounce is in the repos.
So probably stupid question...I don't suppose marbles is going to have been updated in anyway, new maps/puzzles? would be nice for those of us coming from previous tablets
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
My questions:
[B]
1. Is a stylus included with the n900?

Yes to that .. see Qole's review and he mentions that specifically.

The Following User Says Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Does the N900 feature a magnetometer/electronic compass? So far I've just found contradictory info on this. Nokia's specs page for the N900 does not mention a magnetometer while the N97 page does.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
No compass (unless it is an Easter Egg).

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
qole: If permitted, and if video recording software is available and functional on your N900, would you please record video of a scene with vertical lines (trees, a brick wall, etc.) while moving the N900 back-and-forth fairly rapidly? (See example link below.) I'm not asking you to post the video. I'd simply appreciate it if you could record video, watch it, and if permitted, speak to what you see.

I'm late with my question, but it is: Does the 5MP camera on the N900 use a rolling shutter?

If it does, we may have to contend with the Jello-effect in both video and stills.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
No compass (unless it is an Easter Egg).
This is a big bummer. Really big. Nokia, please fix this before October. Thanks in advance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
How much color have the screen?? Specification not have detail about number of color. 16M, or 65000???