I find the predictive input to be perfectible, as I have to stop typing, and press the right arrow (down in that corner so far away).

I thought that it could be easier to confirm the predicted word just by nudging the device, like tilting it a bit to the right.

What do you think of this proposal?

p.s. I tried in many ways but I couldn't get logged in to the brainstorm. it doesn't recognise my username G_Gus. This is why I am not able to add a brainstorm thingie in here.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I'd be happy if I had word prediction at all - in the browser.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
You need to create a new account in Brainstorm (as you do in Bugzilla) - there's currently (at least) 3 separate accounts systems on maemo.org.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by G_Gus View Post
I find the predictive input to be perfectible, as I have to stop typing, and press the right arrow (down in that corner so far away).

I thought that it could be easier to confirm the predicted word just by nudging the device, like tilting it a bit to the right.

What do you think of this proposal?

p.s. I tried in many ways but I couldn't get logged in to the brainstorm. it doesn't recognise my username G_Gus. This is why I am not able to add a brainstorm thingie in here.
the brainstorm is inside of midgard and needs you to register again, your current login is only for the forums (talk), midgard covers all the rest but bugtracker (this is another login but the last! they are working on single login but its still WIP there)

I did register on the brainstorm page (link in top right, isn't it?) , days ago, with same username G_Gus and it doesn't work. Maybe it's because of the underscore? I tried logging in with every combination of capitals in username. And the brainstorm registration now is so slow it times out, so I cannot re-register. And on top of that, Opera denies opening the https page, because it says the secure connection is not secure enough / malformed. Phew!

Still.. what about my idea of having the word inserted by nudging the device? wouldn't it be cool?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
After registering you should have been sent an email with a link to confirm registration. And yes, the site is _very_ slow - I had to use Firefox to register the other day as it has a longer default timeout than Opera does.

As for the idea - yes, sounds great! It'd need to be configurable though (otherwise when you're on a bus/train you could end up writing total garbage).

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by G_Gus View Post
what about my idea of having the word inserted by nudging the device? wouldn't it be cool?
Yes, and it would be even cooler if nudging it the other way would cycle through a list of possible word completions.

Regards,
Roger

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
After registering you should have been sent an email with a link to confirm registration. And yes, the site is _very_ slow - I had to use Firefox to register the other day as it has a longer default timeout than Opera does.

As for the idea - yes, sounds great! It'd need to be configurable though (otherwise when you're on a bus/train you could end up writing total garbage).

and we could have weekly competition for the worst sentance that traveling caused