I have a serious problem. I just rebooted my phone, and I have this dialog box that comes up (Connect to Facebook) that is one of those covers the entire screen except for the very top bit. I think its from Facebrick, but I am not sure, and this problem has never happened in the past (nor has the application ever ran like this before)

I cant close it or run xterm or anything as it wont let me. The only thing that works it hitting the power button to bring up that menu. I don't have SSH installed so I cant go in and kill the process that way.

I get roughly 2-3 seconds before the window appears. Is there anyway to kill the window?

Last edited by Psymastr; 2010-10-24 at 03:08.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Honestly, no clue. I would help you if I could, but if you can't get out of the dialog long enough, or often enough, to run terminal and kill it with the kill command, I don't know how to help. You may have to just reflash, but I hate giving that advice since I know it's a pain in the *** to restore everything.

What Facebook apps do you have installed btw?

The only one I have installed is Facebrick

Click outside (above) that first annoying, persistent dialog. Then click outside (above) the next dialog that pops up. Then finally, exist the Facetime app normally (top right X).

That doesn't work for you? It works for me everytime.

No, the Connect to Facebook thing doesn't show any webpage like its supposed to, it just sits there and I can't exit it, I've clicked over 500 times

Does OVI thing on the PC allow you to read text messages? As I will probably just reflash, but I had a loss in the family on Saturday, and so some of them may be important (shitty timing for my phone to die).

Got the same problem here. The solution is:

Press Ctrl+Shift+x
wait 20 seconds until xterm is fully started
type (you won't see anything on the screen): killall facebrick
press return

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to webhamster For This Useful Post:
Thanks! That did the trick!

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Nice. I would have suggested X-Term, but I didn't think based on the bug description that you'd even be able to open it.

Glad to hear that good-old command line solution still triumphs.