Notices

Hi,
in case there are some Gallery3 users around..
just a quick note to inform that I wrote a small Python script that can be used together with the Command-line sharing plugin to upload pictures to Gallery3.

More information and installation instructions can be found in this post to the Gallery3 forums.

EDIT: pylibgal3 has now been added to extras-devel. After installation you just have to edit the command line in Command-line Sharing plugin setup to something like this:
g3_share -i %s -o %s -s your.gallery.com -b /gallery3 -d "Test/Incoming Pics" -u g3_username -p g3_password

Last edited by sibbe; 2011-10-23 at 17:37. Reason: added to extras-devel

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sibbe For This Useful Post:
Works brilliantly -cheers!

Anyone tried to implement this into the UI? I have my own Gallery3 site that I would LOVE to be able to just click a button to send a picture to it.

I don't give a crap about twitter, or facebook or Flickr, I have my own damned site

I looked around the API page, but since my programming skills are rather basic still, I have no clue what I'm looking for.

slaapliedje

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful plugin. Just setup a Gallery3 page on my site and on a whim wished I could share to it the way many share to Facebook (and I used to...) Imagine my delight when I did a google search and hit this page!

I did have to tinker a bit with it. And altered it a bit to use user keyid instead of username and password. Will make it easier if it ever gets hacked, can generate a new one and update my N900 with it. But just having most of the leg work done (and well commented, thank you again!) made it a 5 minute fix vs a multi-hour write & test sequence.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Anyone tried to implement this into the UI? I have my own Gallery3 site that I would LOVE to be able to just click a button to send a picture to it.

slaapliedje
Hi, just noticed this question.. This script + command line sharing plugin integrates into the UI (sending pictures to Gallery3 with just a few clicks) just like any other tool that uses the standard sharing stuff. HTH.