Hi, I've finished a GConf editor, you can see and modify gconf stored keys, it may be useful for some of you.

You can navigate trough all the GConf directories and see stored values, if you click the name of the actual directory a information banner it's shown with the full path to it.

To save values you have to navigate to a key, modify it's value and then in hit set in the menu. You can unset keys and the default values are restored.

In general it should be safe to use, but do not go storing random values at string keys..

I've uploaded it to QA for 1€ if you want to support me you can buy it.

I share the source code with you here:

https://github.com/Iktwo/GConfik

And you can download the binary here:

http://iktwo.wikidot.com/local--file....1.0_armel.deb

I'll update the post when the app is in store to add the link, please give me your feed back.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Iktwo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
working but not handy. use marquee or decrease font size for values.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
working but not handy. use marquee or decrease font size for values.
When editing the label that contains the key's name is inside a flickable, I'll tried to do the same to the key list, but if I put the values inside a flickable it's hard to flick the list, thanks for your comment, I'll see what can I do

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
not flickable, just marquee effect. use simple timer for selected item and move x inside loop between 0 : width - parent.width. it will help.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
only just found this, thanks!!!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Iktwo View Post
I've uploaded it to QA for 1€ if you want to support me you can buy it.
I'll update the post when the app is in store to add the link, please give me your feed back.
So what happened to getting this into the store, run into too many roadblocks?
I would like to pay the small amt your asking for this app... *EDIT* my bad I see it there now.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-01 at 07:36.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
jalyst,

Its available in the store since quite some time (Jan '12)...Search for Gconfik...

Direct Link

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Yep I realised that shortly afterwards, see my edited post....
Was looking at publisher's page & he has quite a few apps, & it was actually on the 2nd page of listed apps.

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Is the fact that the preshared key are stored in plain text in the IAP entries known (EAP_wpa_preshared_passphrase / EAP_wpa_preshared_key) , ? I REALLY hope so!!!

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Is the fact that the preshared key are stored in plain text in the IAP entries known (EAP_wpa_preshared_passphrase / EAP_wpa_preshared_key) , ? I REALLY hope so!!!
Yes its a fact...