Hi,

I just set up my N9 with MFE for my corporate email and I am assuming that the security policy came on my device requiring a lock code. But it never asked me to set a lock code at all and now the phone is locked.

I tried 12345, 1234 and now i'm on my last attempt before it wipes the phone.... help

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Germany
It wipes the phone??? Ouch and wow.

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...e/td-p/1190499

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Hi there,

EXACTLY the same thing happened to me yesterday.

I THOUGHT it was the security policy that had something to do with it, but calling Nokia Care Support revealed that they know about the problem - and apparently it's nothing to do with MfE.

This is what happened to me:

My company instructed me to use a new MfE server yesterday. I entered it into the phone, it syncronized and everything worked fine. Sometime during the evening I wanted to use the phone - and it says "Indtast Låsekode" in DK ("Enter Security Code" in UK).

I never asked it to use any code - I never set a code, and naturally I don't have the code. I tried my normal pin code, I tried re-booting it (which is about the only thing you CAN do - the device is totally locked!). When rebooting it asks for the PIN and right after that for the security code again - but as I don't have it, I cant get any further. PIN code doesen't work. Default Nokia code 12345 doesn't work.

I've asked the technicians in my company, and this is not a security-feature that they know of. They ask me if I can type in my MfE password, but on the lock-screen it's only possible to type in numeric values.

I also suspected this could have something to do with the Track & Protect function that I activated a couple of months ago. That code doesn't work either.

So - basically we're in a situation where YOUR devices can suddenly lock itself without asking you and without you giving it the code to unlock it.

As I said I called Nokia - and Nokia has accepted the problem - it is known, and they say they've reported it on their internal hotline - but your solution is to take it to the repair, and they will wipe it clean.

THIS SUCKS!!!! BIG TIME!!!!! When will it happen again??

Btw - found no help in this thread: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...e/td-p/1190499 although it seems to be the same problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MortenS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by MortenS View Post

I also suspected this could have something to do with the Track & Protect function that I activated a couple of months ago. That code doesn't work either.
If you activated track and protect, then it set your security code to be the first 5 numbers of the code you set for T&P, afaik.
(or was it 6?)

If you have a limited number of attempts, best not to try anything before someone can give the exact information

Last edited by mooglez; 2011-12-13 at 10:46.

Originally Posted by mooglez View Post
If you activated track and protect, then it set your security code to be the first 5 numbers of the code you set for T&P, afaik.
(or was it 6?)
Thanks - but tried that, and it doesn't work.

My code is 6 numbers (Not letters) and entering the 6 - or on you request just the 5 first doesn't work.

I don't know if I was clear enough in my problem-description, because in the other thread they're talking about entering passwords. The guy who had the problem seems to remember his password at the end, which of course solves his problem.

In this case I don't have an opportunity to enter any password. It's ONLY numerical (even though the letters are visible on each digit from 2-9 like on the T9 dictionary) you can write anything besides numbers.

I think I've triede at least 30 different codes now, and until now it hasn't locked or said anything about limited number of attempts...

If anybody else has this problem - and especially the solution - please post!

Last edited by MortenS; 2011-12-13 at 10:50.

What your code our password is for MFe put that in. After you unlock your phone go into settings, security and disable the need for security password!

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
if you have enable track & protect on N9 then you might try this sites to unlock it......

www.trackandprotect.com

it can help you lock or unlock your device....

Originally Posted by DarkgageHD View Post
What your code our password is for MFe put that in. After you unlock your phone go into settings, security and disable the need for security password!
I can only key in numbers. No letters allowed...

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by MortenS View Post
I can only key in numbers. No letters allowed...
lol what?
I want to type in numbers only aswell like when entering the PIN code of my sim. I always end up using the stupid tiny qwerty for entering my code

Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
if you have enable track & protect on N9 then you might try this sites to unlock it......

www.trackandprotect.com

it can help you lock or unlock your device....
The only two options are Lock and Wipe...