The display connector on the main board of my N9 is damaged so the touch screen is not functioning. I can only access the phone through ssh while it gets an automatic wifi connection. While waiting for repairing (and not getting an jolla anytime soon) I want to dump the data out.

Is there any method to enable the mass storage mode after plugging in the microusb in command line? (scp'ing doesn't seem to be a good idea since my wifi link quality is poor)

Thanks

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
See this post to telnet into your device...

Actually my phone can boot normally, just the touchscreen not working. And it can be ssh'ed into. The problem is how to 'manually export your mmcblk partition via the USB connection' though...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Why can't you either use USB to telnet before boot to dump data out or after boot use sftp via USB (not WiFi) to do the dump? Is there a special reason why only mass storage is needed to do the dump?

Anyway if you still insist on mass storage I think the setting should be in some gconf value; you can find it via your ssh session and do the necessary...

Okay I'll give it a try then...