Notices

Poll: Does the "generate" button cause the app to crash?
Poll Options
Does the "generate" button cause the app to crash?

What it does:
It's a frontend for a few gstreamer scripts, but it's (moderately) easy to use, and allows you to stream either the front/back camera to your Desktop PC either through VLC media player (windows/[linux/OSX]), Xout (linux/OSX).

What's changed in the rewrite:
* Dropped audio streaming for Windows (for now),
* Dropped webcam mounting (not used)
* Profiles can now store connections using sqlite database
* Added UDP streaming (fastest) to cmdline part of app (sypcam)
* Readable code
------------------------------------------------------------
Instructions:
Pick a profile, pick (or scan) for a target connections, then press the info button after streaming for further instructions.

Quality control:
If you have a low bandwidth and want to maintain a good signal, tick 'Quality' box and fill in number (0-100).

--------------------------------------------------------------
Using the SPYCAM:
If you want to stream a raw signal, you'll need to do X forwarding:

First ensure that your N900 supports X11 forwarding:
install xauth libxmuu1- 'sudo apt-get install xauth'

Now that that's setup:
1. From your Linux/Mac PC, ssh into your phone using the X flag:
'ssh root@<phone.ip> -X',
2. Once inside phone, type 'ps-spycam'

OTHERWISE
You can just ssh in without the X flag and select the low-bandwidth option. This will copy a gstreamer script to your home computer, you can then execute it via a command displayed on the screen.
-------------------------------------------------------------

X vs. VLC:
Xout option gives better quality streams using a different encoder and protocol. VLC has more network lag but can be streamed over http and is compatible with all systems.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Todo list:
*Stream through USB networking
*Add profiles
*Scan network for active connections
*Add zooming/focus feature
--------------------------------------------------------------
Changelog: (note I use random versioning)
1.5.2 Changes: Complete rewrite, sqlite database, arp-scan, usb networking, HTTP fix, audio dropped from windows, webcam dropped.
0.9.3 Changes: Fixed issue where windows users couldnt stream using VLC method, fixed audio streaming for SPYCAM, fixed regular audio streaming, tided scripts.
0.9.2 Changes: brought back old VLC method for stability, added file streaming, added ncurses SPYCAM version, fixed IP address issue for users with sudo problems.
0.9.1 Changes: http streaming, VLC no longer needs sdp file to be generated, VLC now has quality control, fixed local file error, fixed error that stopped windows users from streaming, temporarily disabled audio.
0.9.0 Changes: Reworked the menus, added dialog prompts, catches every scp error under the sun, user prompted to generate before they stream if they haven't done so already, now fully compatible with Titan's power kernel and the vanilla kernel, tidied scripts, removed horrible "Calibrate Camera" widget.
0.0.5 Changes: Save to local file, save to remote file, handaxe's Quality control, tidied some scripts, webcam now also uses jpeg encoding.
0.0.4 Changes: Front LED issue hopefully resolved, "Generate" crash issue permanently fixed (hopefully).
0.0.3 Changes: tidied up some scripts, but mostly this update was just to get on extras-devel.
0.0.2 Changes: Can now stream to webcam (if you have v4l2loopback built on your system), can now stream to an X window. Added volume control for audio (0 - 9 is the best range).
----------------------------------------------------------
PS: BIG thanks to gionni88 who pointed me in the right direction and saved me from hours of painful work, justice4all3000 for finding the workaround, leetnoob who thoroughly tested it and found major bugs, and biggest thanks to handaxe for the extremely helpful (and doable) suggestions + generally just helping out with everything. Another round of thanks to damion for getting VLC to stream over http and removing the need to generate any recieving file. Thanks guys!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

INSTALL:
The latest version (1.5.2) is not available on the repos yet due to council maintenance, but can be found in the below attachment.

Please make sure you install the dependencies, then install the package:
Code:
root;
apt-get install gstreamer-tools arp-scan socat espeak
dpkg -i /path/to/directory/phonestream_1_5_2_armel.deb
Attached Files
File Type: deb phonestream_1_5_2_armel.deb (100.1 KB, 874 views)

Last edited by tetris11_; 2012-12-19 at 18:57. Reason: New Update

The Following 99 Users Say Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
*the_newbie*, 9000, ahmadamaj, alexff, Alfred, alynsparkes, anapospastos, arnoldux, bigears5000, bingbings, Blaizzen, BLC, Bundyo, cddiede, cfh11, chill, couldvbb, Crugath, dashti, datjomp, Dave999, Delphi, drangina, Drekkie, Ele-Mental, F2thaK, Fatalist, Flynx, foobar, fotis9, gionni88, haffid, Halftux, handaxe, Helmuth, hopla, imo, int_ua, ivyking, jedi, John McClane, johnel, jpala16, K1ll3rm4n, lolloo, lore, MaddogG, Maj3stic, malfunctioning, matristain, mece, MeeGoExperts, mikec, Minhaz, minimos, Mr.Rent, mr_pingu, MyNokiaN900, Natan_xy, nicholes, osama, OVK, peterleinchen, pichlo, Promo, rm42, sajjadsajjad, saned, saponga, Sash, SavageD, sbock, Silvarum, sixwheeledbeast, skykooler, smartypants, sophocha, ssjtoma, Stonik, strange1712, Switch_, te37v, tecs, teemui, ThomasAH, thp, TiagoTiago, tokag, ukki, varunshaji, vdx29, Verssetti, videohese, Wreck, xopher, yogi900, ZogG
coooooooool

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
thanks for this.How do you use it as a skype camera on the PC?Is that possible?

YAY finally a user-friendly version of your streaming app!!! Thnx will try it out now!!

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Birmingham - UK
Well done. Looking good.

Thanks alot guys, but it's far from perfect - so still some way to go!

@sophocha - I reckon it's unlikely, but more experienced users would probably disagree with me.
Edit: WOW handaxe that is amazing! If that can be done through a gstreamer pipeline, then I can definitely imlpement that into the app!

Last edited by tetris11_; 2011-03-09 at 23:34.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
thanks for this.How do you use it as a skype camera on the PC?Is that possible?
Clues here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=85

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
@tetris11_: in the previous thread you were asked about audio+video. It is possible, tho' it may hammer the n900s cpu and io. Down-sampling may be necessary (or small video and down sampled audio). Need to experiment.

Code:
gst-launch v4l2src ! queue ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240,framerate=30/1 ! videoscale ! ffmpegcolorspace ! queue ! dsph264enc ! queue ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=xxx.xxx.x.xxx port=5000 pulsesrc ! queue ! audio/x-raw-int,rate=8000,channels=1,depth=8 ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! nokiaaacenc ! queue ! rtpmp4apay ! udpserversink host=xxx.xxx.x.xxx port=5001

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
That is.... just amazing! I guess I'll include a third option in my combobox for the next update! Thanks!!

By then the app should hopefully be in the extras-devel repo, and the updates will be automatic too

For Windows: Well, you're gonna have to get it on your system manually. The file is saved as MyDocs/n900videostrm.sdp or MyDcos/n900audiostrm.sdp

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents ? or C:\Users\Public\Desktop ?
I do not know

Tags
gstreamer, lets rock, video stream