Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Meanwhile I'm just switching to "KFZ Profil" and start OMP with my QBWidget. For managing the fm transmitter stuff I use the fm friendly widget.
(Car profile was added via ProfilesX Extended Profiles Manager from Nicolai Hess
...He's my Guru!

The QBWidget got an ON/OFF State. So, if touched it switches to my car profile and starts omp. if touched again, it'll switch back to general profile.
I also added notifications, just for the kicks. ^^

Here's the code I use:
Code:
[queen-beecon-header]
version=1,000000
checksum=1258816
[queen-beecon-exported-command]
title=KFZ
command=if [ "$QBW_EXEC_REASON" == "QBW_STARTUP_UPDATE" ];then echo "ON";exit 0;fi;if [ "$QBW_CURRENT_RESULTS_TEXT" == "ON" ];then echo "OFF";dbus-send --session --dest=com.nokia.profiled --type=method_call /com/nokia/profiled com.nokia.profiled.set_profile string:"KFZ" && dbus-send --session --dest=com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr --type=method_call /com/nokia/HildonDesktop/AppMgr com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr.LaunchApplication string:openmediaplayer && dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications /org/freedesktop/Notifications org.freedesktop.Notifications.SystemNoteInfoprint string:"KFZ Profil eingestellt. Hierdurch wird jeder Anruf nach 5 Sekunden automatisch angenommen und auf dem Lautsprecher ausgegeben. Desweiteren öffnet sich der OpenMediaPlayer!";exit 1; else echo "ON";dbus-send --session --dest=com.nokia.profiled --type=method_call /com/nokia/profiled com.nokia.profiled.set_profile string:"general" && dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications /org/freedesktop/Notifications org.freedesktop.Notifications.SystemNoteInfoprint string:"Allgemeines Profil wieder hergestellt.";exit 0;fi;
also I'm using the FM friendly widget and an invisible RDSNotify widget in the downer right corner.
(just added a new invisible skin)

//EDIT:
Attached the "invisible skin for the fmrdsnotify widget:
just copy the invisible.svg to /home/user/.fmrdsnotify and set the new skin in the options of the widget.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip invisible-fmrdsnotify-skin.zip (604 Bytes, 108 views)

Last edited by NightShift79; 2012-06-29 at 16:54.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NightShift79 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
This would be useful.

Code:
#!bin/sh

dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.profiled /com/nokia/profiled com.nokia.profiled.set_value string:"Car" string:"vibrating.alert.enabled" string:"On"

dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr /com/nokia/HildonDesktop/AppMgr com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr.LaunchApplication string:"openmediaplayer"

sleep 2

/usr/bin/fmtx_client -p 1
Something like the above script maybe?
I did something like that before last reflash, plus i added a line to invoke a python script (thanks m2cm2c) to skip songs and made a "kill" script to bring all to "normal" again. Both, start and stop scripts, had a desktop shortcut.

The Following User Says Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1069
^^^Bump. any ideas, anyone? It's really saddening, to not being able to play any .ogg files via OMP (MAFW, generaly).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
I've noticed a bug with the video playback, if you start a video, go back to the list of videos, and immediately go to the tasknav, you'll notice that it unsuccessfully tries to open a 2nd window a few times.
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Unrelated to my problem, but related to open media player - just after trying to watch theora video (which fails), mediaplayer tries to open new windows 10-15 times (probably, x many times, where x is ammount of videos I have), kicking me into tasknav, forcibly, no matter if I'm doing something else or not It stops only after skipping through whole video list.

Just to make things clear - those video are, normally, working in media player, and this skipping video fenomena is not related to being unable to play something.

Why I know it's kipping through videos? Despite it doing it fast, sometimes, I see first frame for a fraction of second. It may be related to problem observed by merlin.
I remember stumbling upon something like that in the past, but I never could pin down the origin. I tried with going to the tasknav after exiting a video, but it's not happening. I guess I'll have to prepare some Theora or broken videos and also try with that.

Is it possible to make OMP delay resuming playback for * seconds?

Ideally if possible, make OMP do a light 'beep' like the FM transmitter in standby does; so you know playback will resume.

I could see this being a potentially useful option for videos too.
If you are interupted by a call mid-video, you many have to set the stand back up or plug in the TV out etc after the call.
While your doing this the video will be playing and you will have to skip back to see what you missed.
I thought of it and in my opinion even better would be music fading in. There would be 3-5 seconds before full volume is reached, the warning sound would be the music itself and it's also a neat effect.

Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
is this caused by OMP?
Highly unlikely. OMP doesn't stay in the background if you close it, so it cannot resume playback.

Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
Sorry if it was already requested, but can we have an option to disable album arts at all on "now playing" screen? I don't like spending CPU cycles on them
I doubt it has any significant effect on battery, unless most of your songs are 10 seconds long.

Any chance of an option to make OMP start playing on opening the application?
I think it's too dangerous. If you want it badly, you could try with a simple script, which would start playback through D-Bus and then launch OMP.

Originally Posted by vijays View Post
If someone could plz clarify, am not able to use the physical keyboard to search for videos while the same works for audio..Makes it cumbersome to browse thru hundreds of vids..
It's currently missing, but expect it in the next update.

Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
Hi.

I made an QB Widget to switch to a car profile +turn on the FM transmitter + open OMP
Mostly I use OMP in the car, so I wonder if you see a chance for an option to start OMP directly with the car view. Maybe via a command line parameter which I can use with a dbus call?
Yes, good idea.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
It's really saddening, to not being able to play any .ogg files via OMP (MAFW, generaly).
If MAFW reports an error, OMP often spits it out on the console. Run it from the terminal and watch the output when you try to play an .ogg, maybe that will give some clue.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
if you still got ressources left, here's an idea of optimizing the 'car view'

Well, If you listen to all of your tracks shuffled, you might get to a song that makes you want to hear more from that album. so a button to quickly switch to that album/folder would be nice.

on the other hand, an button to switch back to play all tracks/folders shuffled again is handy, too.

And sometimes you would like to do some action on the n900 while your in car view, so an Quick Switch to N900 dashboard would be lot of help while you're driving.

What do you think?

The Following User Says Thank You to NightShift79 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
If MAFW reports an error, OMP often spits it out on the console. Run it from the terminal and watch the output when you try to play an .ogg, maybe that will give some clue.
Thanks for the tip, but output looks rather unhelpful:
Code:
18 - 35 0x0 
0 - 17 0x41c0f0 
NowPlayingWindow::updatePlaylist | 0 0 0 
QNetworkReplyImpl::_q_startOperation was called more than once
query 0x41c0f0 complete 
0 - 17 0x48a5e8 
query 0x48a5e8 complete 
18 - 35 0x0
The most strange thing, is that i calculates song playtime correctly (and playtime of whole playlist, made of .ogg files), but is unable to play it.
---

As for vide windows opening in series, it's reproducible every time, if You use video, that You're unable to play. In my case, it's Theora (but it should work and worked ), You would probably need one broken on purpose. Easiest way to have one - record something via camera-ui, and kill it without finalizing recording.

Console output of series video is:

Code:
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode: 31 (X_GrabKeyboard)
  Resource id:  0x0
NowPlayingIndicator::autoSetVisibility 
NowPlayingWindow::updatePlaylist | 0 0 0 
playlist type rejected, update aborted 
NowPlayingWindow::updatePlaylist | 0 0 15 
playlist type rejected, update aborted 
paused position: 10 
Metadata changed: "duration" = QVariant(qlonglong, 2626) 
Metadata changed: "audio-codec" = QVariant(QString, "MPEG 1 Audio, Layer 2") 
Metadata changed: "bitrate" = QVariant(int, 160000) 
Metadata changed: "res-x" = QVariant(int, 640) 
Metadata changed: "res-y" = QVariant(int, 480) 
Video codec info unavailable, switching to radio mode 
Funny fact - after trying to play "broken" video, it redirects me to radio stream (series of windows start after that, but in console, seems to be mentioned earlier - loading time, probably)

/Estel

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-06-30 at 14:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
After watching videos, going back to main menu and pressing "now playing" on the bottom right, something strange is happening - many "unknown" windows are closed with system sounds of closing application. I think player trying to play video playlist in music player.

The Following User Says Thank You to OMOIKANE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
I thought of it and in my opinion even better would be music fading in. There would be 3-5 seconds before full volume is reached, the warning sound would be the music itself and it's also a neat effect.
That would be fine for music but what about video?

Would this effect all system sounds like operating the volume control or work seperately.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

I'm fiddeling with the carview.qml atm.
changing font sizes, colors and buttons.

This is what I got so far.:

I've changed:
Code:
Button { id: prevButton
Button { id: playButton
Button { id: nextButton
Button { id: quitButton
it seems the play and pause buttons are hardcoded somewhere else.
How can I set custom icons for play/pause buttons in car view?

and i wonder if it's somehow possible to set an background image for the car view. I would love to see my girlfriend or my car's emblem behind the Songview

Night and Day Mode would be cool as hell, too.

I would try myself if someone shows me the way.

//EDIT:
modded carview attached
+new buttons

copy the carview.qml to /home/opt/openmediaplayer/qml/carview
(save your original)
copy the buttons to /home/user/MyDocs/.images

//EDIT:
This is what I got today.

...as I'm an pretty amateur, i can't make the "controls" background transparent. If I do so, The Metatext is under the buttons and I don't know how to move them elswhere on the screen
Attached Files
File Type: zip carview-mod.zip (30.0 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by NightShift79; 2012-07-02 at 18:41.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NightShift79 For This Useful Post:
I remember stumbling upon something like that in the past, but I never could pin down the origin. I tried with going to the tasknav after exiting a video, but it's not happening. I guess I'll have to prepare some Theora or broken videos and also try with that.
can confirm that bug.
i watch a video and then i get a sms, pause playback and go back to the videolist, switch via standard taskman to sms and then this "new" window starts appearing, so i have to close omp.

also appears when pausing a video and switching to taskma via ctrl+ back (well the delete-button^^)

The Following User Says Thank You to sirpaul For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse