Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Serial USB console would be pretty good in most cases. You just need to initialize the driver fairly early in the boot process so that most of the kernel logs could be captured.
(and the best thing is you need no adapters for that, just the traditional ubiquitous USB computer cable...)

I doubt you could catch the very earliest oops'es like with a true serial console, but usually the hairiest stuff happen in pretty late phase anyway,,,

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
@juiceme

I know you have a 'private' kernel for the serial stuff, did you share that somewhere? or will you

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
@juiceme

I know you have a 'private' kernel for the serial stuff, did you share that somewhere? or will you
eh, do you mean the serial-console-forwarded-to-usb kind? I did once think of making that kind of modification but did not really have very good success on it. What needs to be done is step up the USB initialization to *** early phase as possible.

As for "normal" serial console access, I usually enable that in all my kernels (and it can be also enabled from command line by inserting "console=ttyS0,115200n8" there...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
@juiceme cool thanks buddy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Tehran - Iran
Hi

With special thanks for this big work;

1) my friend has trouble with NitDroid booting. MeeGo boots completely.

Ubiboot .log and .conf are attached.

Here is the screenshot from critical locations:

http://dl.mobilestan.net/index.php/i...0729011046.png

The left is /boot/
Center is /home/user/MyDocs/boot
Right is NitDroid folder.

2) May I want you tell me how I must install ubiboot 0.3.6 step by step, please? (I have ubiboot 0.3.5 installed)

Thanks a lot
Attached Files
File Type: zip attachment.zip (14.3 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by hrbani; 2014-07-30 at 16:54.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Did you read the logs yourself?

There are two obvious things:
first one is
Jul 30 09:59:46 (none) user.notice root: Could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p3 on /mnt/3
This is the /home partition where Nitdroid resides. Ubiboot cannot -for whatever reason- mount that partition, so it loads kernel successful and then dies out as in the preinit.nitdroid it is told to exec some stuff from p3.
But when booted Harmattan you can see all data on /home?

And another no-go is you have all kernels in the nitdroid section. Only kernel 2 and 3 are able to boot nitdroid. Which one do you select?

--
Oh, and the installation of ubiboot v0.3.6 is exactly the same as v0.3.5

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2014-07-31 at 14:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Tehran - Iran
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Did you read the logs yourself?
Thanks from your answer; Yes, but I couldn't understand.

There are two obvious things:
first one is
Jul 30 09:59:46 (none) user.notice root: Could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p3 on /mnt/
This is the /home partition where Nitdroid resides. Ubiboot cannot -for whatever reason- mount that partition, so it loads kernel successful and then dies out as in the preinit.nitdroid it is told to exec some stuff from p3.
Thanks, I learn it know.

But when booted Harmattan you can see all data on /home?
I must ask from my friend, I think he can see them, because of exist folders in screenshot.

And another no-go is you have all kernels in the nitdroid section. Only kernel 2 and 3 are able to boot nitdroid. Which one do you select?
He tried all of them, and none of them booted nitdroid

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Okay, just read logs again.
And it is really like the kernel gets loaded but then dies out. So it is not ubiboot boot sequence causing this mess.

i do not understand the p3 (/home) thing. If this is true, then you are out of luck to ever get Nitdroid running. Or you pack it on another partition and modify the /sbin/preinit_nitdroid script .....

... Ah maybe it is an easy and now remembered often made mistake:
Please check the exec rights of the file /sbin/preinit_nitdroid under booted Harmattan via ls -l /sbin/preinit_nitdroid (should be: rwxr-xr-x).
If it misses the exec bits, do chmod +x /sbin/preinit_nitdroid (under devel-su).

If that does not help you have to wait for juiceme (as he is much better in reading his logs ).
Or you may connect your powered off N9 via USB to a PC (flavour Linux), then you possibly might find out why p3 is not mounted...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2014-07-31 at 15:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Hey buddies...Can anyone provide a complete step by step guide for installing (Android and Sailfish) on my Nokia N9 64Gb??

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post: