Active Topics

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
I'm facing the phone app problem in the official PR 1.2 - when the incoming call comes in, it shows up once, the screen goes blank and it shows up again.

I used the Leaked PR1.2 for quite some time and it worked pretty well for me. I know a lot of people would advise against using the Leaked PR 1.2, but hey... it worked for me!

I'm thinking of reflashing the Leaked PR 1.2 rather than using the official PR 1.2.....

Is there anyone else thinking on similar lines?

I dont think that is a good idea, because i dont have the problem that you have

im using the firmware 1.2 global. Maybe you should try flashing both rootfs and emmc before going to dark

Try PR 1.2 Global release. Some People faced problems flashing regional firmware.

Originally Posted by WilmaXT View Post
Try PR 1.2 Global release. Some People faced problems flashing regional firmware.
Thanks WilmaXT and clasificado... But I am running the PR 1.2 global release... and I flashed both the rootfs and emmc

Could you be suffering fom this bug
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7772
Do you have a screen protector? It seems bright light on the proximity sensor can do this - screen protector can magnify it

Hm, so you first flashed the firmware (without the -R command) and then the emmc?

I first did it the other way around and had a few problems, the i did it the right way - and everthing went fine.

Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
Could you be suffering fom this bug
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7772
Do you have a screen protector? It seems bright light on the proximity sensor can do this - screen protector can magnify it
Not exactly the same for me.. It happens in all light conditions and the screen does not remain blank. The phone app shows up again after a delay of about a second. It never happened before I flashed official PR 1.2.

Originally Posted by WilmaXT View Post
Hm, so you first flashed the firmware (without the -R command) and then the emmc?

I first did it the other way around and had a few problems, the i did it the right way - and everthing went fine.
Yep... I followed the instructions from the wiki to the T. I flashed the firmware first without the -R and then I flashed the emmc.. Everything went well....