Notices

what happened to the circular motion to zoom in and out?

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oviedo, Florida
Originally Posted by Raubtier View Post
what happened to the circular motion to zoom in and out?
Good catch. Is the "twirl" a Hildon thing?

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
different browser circular zoom is the built in microB

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
looks ok, but why doesnt anyone show us the portrait mode of this lol? we keep hearing about it, but thats about it...im really curious which will be better, wheter MicroB or Fennec... also, how does Fennec play Flash videos?

Last edited by Jack6428; 2009-11-03 at 00:03.

I did not really understand how that connection with the computer works, anyone care to explain? But it sounds so awesome, do you just start your web browser at home and go to a site and when you start it on the phone it loads the same page?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I think the two browsers are connected through "Weave".

I think the big-eared fennec was a cooler mascot than the snowboarding fox.

Last edited by qole; 2009-11-03 at 00:26. Reason: better Weave link

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 142 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Lullen View Post
I did not really understand how that connection with the computer works, anyone care to explain? But it sounds so awesome, do you just start your web browser at home and go to a site and when you start it on the phone it loads the same page?

Feature "stolen" from opera browser/operamini...

I hope that works as good as it works in operamini/opera desktop.

Hmm i don't like the fact that you have to slide in order to see the tabs and the back forward buttons. This MIGHT BE ANNOYING!! You want to see everything on the screen at ONCE!! This way it's more convenient. So every time you want to go "back," you have to slide?? Think about it! Not very convenient. IT's like doing double tasks.

Why can't they just put the back and forward button on TOP so that if you want to go back..just touch and bammm..you're back....rather than sliding to find that button. I am sure there enough room to fit the buttons.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by rjcooke View Post
That weave feature is something I've been wanting for a long time. Didn't really think of it in context of the N900 but I move between a workstation and laptop all the time and constantly wish I had this feature. Del.icio.us works ok for that, but this weave looks like a great productivity enhancer.
Absolutely. A Brainstorm proposal has been brewing in my head about this and related data/state hand-off features...

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Greece
He didn't show us how we select text and edit in the browser, how history works (is there thumbnails of the pages we already visited? ), if we can see multiple tabs as new windows in dashboard, if we can open a link in different tab, if we can see url of links or photos and copy them and some more.

I think swing zoom works only in built-in browser but, what about thw hardware volume keys? Many features missing from the video.

Some nice features included but I think, MicroB is a better choice and Firefox is a very good browser as a backup.

Tags
firefox, firefox 3.5, mozilla, n900