Active Topics

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Pacific NW
I am in the verge of getting a hammar and smashing my N800. I am traveling and I was hoping to use it to the fullest, wrong.

I am able to get to most of the site using IE;however, trying to get to my email at Yahoo, that is a different story. After I login I can see my emails, but can't open them.

At this point, it freezes up. I had moved right next to the router,(I have 100% signal) no matter the location and it never changes. What gives?

One of the reasons that I bought the N800 was to read my emails, but unfortunately I am not able to do so.

I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt and maybe someone here and rescue me before smashing it. Is there anybody here with a similar situation trying to login to Yahoo, hotmail etc.

I suspect that is has to do with the DNS setting or something Help, hlep
I am still traveling using somebody's laptop.

Very very frustrated

Let me know if you want to "implode" it. . . I will give you some $ for it instead

On the N800, try the mobile version of Yahoo.

Google mail gets messed sometimes too. It's usually at the server and gets fixed in a couple of days

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Just use the internal mail application? I assume Yahoo allows POP access?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by petur View Post
Just use the internal mail application? I assume Yahoo allows POP access?
POP access is not free with Yahoo, it is with Google.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
that seems to require a plus account...

(ninjaed)

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Pacific NW
I gave up, my blood pressure was getting way too high I was getting too much stress. How come when I first got my N800 I had no problem. Are you guys are telling me that you are encountering the same thing?

I get it with hotmail as well. I was getting my pop emails, and now it's spotty I see the new emails headers, but when trying to open (it can't locate server). I use 95% yahoo and hotmail for my emails cuz it free and easier.

The funny thing I'm able to login in Yahoo then click mail, the I seen it starts loading and I can see 21/35 then all gets downloaded but it won't open the email. It just sits there and freeze up, what gives

I was at the airport and of course the AT&T paying site came strong, another thing I get a strong WIFI spot blue bar solid, but then it jumps to a weaker signal.

Please tell me what the heck to do, I'm ready to give it up, on the other hand I had mixed feelings not having to carry my laptop, but what was the use when I could only use my N800 as a MP Player and is not the best for that matter.

And yes Google was fine,

On my N800, I can read emails via the new Yahoo Mail interface, the Classic interface, and the mobile interface.

The new interface is broken on a 800x480 screen, but I can read emails. The Classic interface is slow, but works. The mobile interface is very fast, but limited.

Maybe a Flash ad is eating CPU. Try disabling Flash.

This might be a stupid question... but did you upgrade to OS2008? I know when I first got the tablet a year or so ago, 2007's browser had a hard time with some things.