Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
...and the progress bar is changed too. Damn, I was forc^H^H^H^H friendly convinced

Probably you all shouldn't be able to see us (Joerg and me) "arguing" about it here publicly, but well... that's the price of very open and transparent communication - you see all the details, not just carefully selected ones by some marketing department

And it allows everyone else to speak their mind too.

Damn, I love this project, even if I curse it for spending unhealthy amounts of time on it. With each day I realize more and more how special and wonderful it is - and all of you donating or even just talking in this thread are the one of the reasons. Once again, thank you

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
...and the progress bar is changed too. Damn, I was forc^H^H^H^H friendly convinced

Probably you all shouldn't be able to see us (Joerg and me) "arguing" about it here publicly, but well... that's the price of very open and transparent communication - you see all the details, not just carefully selected ones by some marketing department

And it allows everyone else to speak their mind too.
i just recognized your changes to the progress bar. More catchy than before, my spontaneous thought.

i'm excited about this project but i'm broke, sigh. Can i spend my self-pity?

edit: btw, my 2 n900's are even more joyment and fun and so on now (monsanto again?)

Last edited by rasmarc; 2013-11-06 at 02:36.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rasmarc For This Useful Post:
+1 for the new bar!

it looks much better now.

3 people and how much funn Keep it up!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
I like the new progress bar much more, too! Thanks!

Now the only thing left to fix (imho) is the mismatch of 'donors' shown on the bar and 200/1000 'preorders' mentioned in the surrounding narrative, as not every donation is >100 EUR, and not every donation >100 EUR necessarily counts as only one preorder.

I would suggest to change the text above the progress bar to: "Thanks to X donors we have already collected Y EUR and ...
Z preorders" (on the progress bar)

Well, I'm aware it's a matter of SQL/export on GolDeliCo's side.

Last edited by foobar; 2013-11-06 at 08:55.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foobar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
I would suggest to change the text above the progress bar to: "Thanks to X donors we have already collected Y EUR and ...
Z preorders" (on the progress bar)
But Z is not known! it is not necessarily the number of donations greater than (or equal to?) EUR 100.

I'm about to make a further donation. I still call it donation. I'll decide, when the time comes (and subject to availability), if and how many Neo900s I buy and whether or not I wish to make use of the rebate. To me this is entirely independent on the donated amounts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
But Z is not known! it is not necessarily the number of donations greater than (or equal to?) EUR 100.

I'm about to make a further donation. I still call it donation. I'll decide, when the time comes (and subject to availability), if and how many Neo900s I buy and whether or not I wish to make use of the rebate. To me this is entirely independent on the donated amounts.
(greater-equal to) and since we got no better metrics we will use the number of donations >=100 and count them as device "preorders" so we have something to calculate with. Please note that later concatenating of donation rebates of multiple donations into one single device is not even guaranteed. We ask for mandatory stating such concatenation intent in the order text and put the transaction code of the previous donation into the order of new donation so we can process and link it accordingly, and we can't guarantee we can sustain this offer to manually handle donations this way. We do for now but that may change.

cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-11-07 at 15:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
@ Joerg:
Hey Mate,
Do you have any info on the potential: RFID-EEPROM you guys are looking at? I can't find it in your feasibility report.
Is it older RFID (door passes/HID style) or NFC?

OR! Are we going to be super nerdy and cool and you have a magic way of giving us NFC and RFID!!

Last edited by kingoddball; 2013-11-06 at 22:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Will Neo900 work connected to the charger only, without the battery, just like laptops? Is it possible with the usb charger or usb has too low power?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to omicron For This Useful Post:
btw, will the built-in wifi chip support WPA or WPA2 hotspot?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by omicron View Post
Will Neo900 work connected to the charger only, without the battery, just like laptops? Is it possible with the usb charger or usb has too low power?
USB charger have as much "power" as you put into it, in range of sanity values for microUSB pins (which is much more than we need, anyway). Possibility to run without battery (or lack of) depends on charging chip/circuicity.

Which leads to my question - what is max charge current supported in GTA04/that is going to be used on Neo900? Is here hope to charge with 1250 mA like with (software side tweaked) N900?

Of course if not, it isn't any major dealbreaker - it's just interesting for dual-cell battery builders, as from battery's perspective, much higher charging current are acceptable (if device's chips permit it and doesn't fry) and desirable (due to charging time decrease with 3Ah capacity, or more).
----

Super-huge congratulations on such awesome result of completed crowd-funding stages! I really regret that I'm financially unable to pre-order (my small "for love of project" donation must be enough, for now), as involvement in other project left me flat-out broke. I hope I'll be able to catch up with some far-future batches, should they happen!

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!