Active Topics

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Has anyone else had this problem:

In recent weeks I've had different apps (Notes and mplayer) automatically minimising, i.e. zooming out to the task switcher display, the same as would happen if you clicked the top-left icon or press Ctrl+Backspace, neither of which I am doing. This has happened either while I'm actively using them, or when I'm not touching the keyboard or screen for a while.

As it happens only occasionally, I haven't yet managed to work out a pattern. I have PR1.3 (global firmware) and have not installed any modified desktops or apps from -testing or -devel. I'm not running shortcutd either.

Last edited by pelago; 2010-11-11 at 11:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
got the same problem, i thought its my camera key which seems loose and get pressed by motion of n900. i have camkeyed(hope i spelled it correctly). but it seems it happens for sure when i try to delete a image via filebox which is opened by image viewer at the same time.

Thanks. I don't have camkeyd (or shortcutd) installed, so in my case I don't think it's those. I usually find that Notes (which I generally leave running all the time) will minimise itself shortly after switching to it. mplayer minimising (which I launch using SiB) has only happened the once. Very strange.

An update: To troubleshoot the above described problem, I removed all third-party apps one by one, but the problem still occurred (with Notes minimising itself automatically) even with only rootsh and notmynokia installed.

I reflashed eMMC and rootfs, and the problem still occurs, even though all I've installed is rootsh, openssh and notmynokia (I doubt it's a problem with one of those)!

As mentioned before, 99% of the time it happens to Notes, but I have seen it also happen to Calendar once. It doesn't happen all the time and isn't reproducible, but when it does happen, it's usually a few seconds after I've opened a new file in Notes.

Anyone else seen this? I haven't opened a bug yet, as I don't really know which component is causing this, and because it isn't reproducible when I want it to be. I think the problem started in PR1.3 as I didn't see it before that.

I have nothing helpful to add to this old-ish thread, but I too have had this problem. Hasn't happened enough for me to figure out when it happens.

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Hi lancewex, welcome to the auto-minimizing club! You might also want to check out JohnLF's thread.