Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
Just FYI, as another data point... I bought an N9 last week (been using it since last Friday), and the bluetooth pairing with the carkit in my 2012 VW Golf was working fine until it dropped into a cycle of constant connect/disconnect at lunch today.

I also noticed that around the same time the phone had become sluggish and unresponsive in general, and one of the things I've noticed a few times since I've had the phone is that the notifications feed refresh process can get hung up indefinitely... until you take a look at the ongoing transfer and cancel whatever item it was hung up on.

Also, I had been playing with a 'Nokia J' headset for the last couple of days, and I noticed that I left the bluetooth 'visible' on the N9, so I toggled the visibility 'off', powered off the phone, and powered it back on, and I also removed all of the previous saved bluetooth pairings, except for my carkit.

I'll let you know if the N9 bluetooth is reliable for another handful of days, or from now on... I hope.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slvr32 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
I also have no problem auto-connecting to my car Satnav (Avic F500BT), or my N8 and E7, with N9 visibility switched off.

Only probs I did have was connecting to the BT adapter (Trust) in my desktop, but sorted it after some pissing about.

But the Bluetooth setup in the N9 still needs some work.

The Following User Says Thank You to dumpystig For This Useful Post:
Much appreciated !!!! Yes, its been heck of a ride with new phone and as far as my phone being unresponsive, no problems there. I bought my N9 last week as well found one of sellers with Finnish 64 gb one on Amazon. Few things need some work, but BT is the most common feature these days that should get resolved asap. Love the phone, but BT is the one I used the most lately and gets me boiled hot sometimes..

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
Originally Posted by slvr32 View Post
Just FYI, as another data point... I bought an N9 last week (been using it since last Friday), and the bluetooth pairing with the carkit in my 2012 VW Golf was working fine until it dropped into a cycle of constant connect/disconnect at lunch today.

I also noticed that around the same time the phone had become sluggish and unresponsive in general, and one of the things I've noticed a few times since I've had the phone is that the notifications feed refresh process can get hung up indefinitely... until you take a look at the ongoing transfer and cancel whatever item it was hung up on.

Also, I had been playing with a 'Nokia J' headset for the last couple of days, and I noticed that I left the bluetooth 'visible' on the N9, so I toggled the visibility 'off', powered off the phone, and powered it back on, and I also removed all of the previous saved bluetooth pairings, except for my carkit.

I'll let you know if the N9 bluetooth is reliable for another handful of days, or from now on... I hope.
So, quick update... I haven't had any rapid connect/disconnect issues since I toggled the bluetooth visibility 'off' on the N9, and the N9 has been completely reliable with my carkit since.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slvr32 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Happy days

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
indeed turning the visibility off solved the problem

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob