Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by bald.eagle.one View Post
thanks a lot for new version (09.11)
excellent work
one question/suggestion: will it be possible to change font size in media browsing, especially music?
i use +1 font changer everywhere else and default one in mediabox is (for me) a bit too small

oh, also, as i asked previously some time ago, are you planning implementing rating system (for songs) readable in itunes e.g. ?
The font size is theme-controlled. I think I should provide some more themes with different font sizes.

A rating system is currently not planned, but if anybody has a good idea of how it could look like, maybe.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barbados
Sorry if this was asked already, but do I get rid of that blue side bar that keeps playing videos even after I move to the photos section. Or paused a video. Further how do I stop a video completely when going to different media.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I do not seem to have a lot of luck with this app. I have over 6,000 mp3's that are on both the internal and sd card. Scanning takes the app a long time and when shuffling songs at top level, the gap between songs is at least 8 seconds. No such issues with stock app or Canola. I prefer the features of MB, performance is rough with MP3's.

Why would Media Box bog down so much with indexing (that seems to be the issue)?

I really love the changes you have done to MediaBox. I'm really impressed with the length of time the n900 can play on battery now. It much lasted longer than a full day running mediabox all day.

This is easily in my top 5 apps I use the most on my N900 and one of the best apps around. Thanks, for all your hard work!

Any chance we can get the "x" in the upper right corner to also be a Back button like it is on the main music display screen. That always throws me when I am navigating up a couple levels. Click the back arrow at top, then find the back arrow at the bottom right. It would be more consistent if you could.

Nathan

Last edited by Nathan; 2010-09-25 at 00:18.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
C'mon people, if you don't vote, this will not make it to Maemo extras.

Please vote:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...ox/2010.09.11/

It seems like the latest version fixes the bug where resuming a paused track would start the track over entirely, but there are still some issues with resuming. If you pause and then resume a track, it plays a second or two of audio from the beginning of the track and then zooms forward to where you left off. At least I am not loosing my place in audio books anymore, but not ideal.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
It seems like the latest version fixes the bug where resuming a paused track would start the track over entirely, but there are still some issues with resuming. If you pause and then resume a track, it plays a second or two of audio from the beginning of the track and then zooms forward to where you left off. At least I am not loosing my place in audio books anymore, but not ideal.
yes, also noticed this same progress and same quirks. i haven't noticed mediabox actually playing couple of seconds from the beginning audibly, it's just that the track play display flickers between positions and even briefly displaying different track(s?) before settling down on the real resume position.

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by lkravovicz View Post
yes, also noticed this same progress and same quirks. i haven't noticed mediabox actually playing couple of seconds from the beginning audibly, it's just that the track play display flickers between positions and even briefly displaying different track(s?) before settling down on the real resume position.
I've noticed it too, even the playing the first few seconds of the beginning of the track. The longer the track is paused, the more likely you are to get the "jump back to the beginning for a second" phenomenon. For instance, if I pause it for a couple of minutes to catch the traffic report on the radio, it doesn't do it, but if I pause to take a call that takes several minutes, it does.

I don't mind it, because most of the time, I am playing through the FM transmitter, and it seems that the time lag between restarting the track and it jumping to the point at which you paused is about the same as it takes the FM transmitter to kick back in and the sound to go from the internal speakers to the car radio.

--vr

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NC, USA
How do I play a playlist? I can go to each playlist and pick a song to play, but it will only play that song and won't skip ahead to the next song. Also, all of the songs show up as their filenames in the list, but show the actual song name when playing.

Thanks

Can Mediabox show the current Artist - Song which is playing while using the FM Transmitter?
Would be better than just "MEDIABOX".

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules