Notices

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Paris, France
(about the desktop version, i just committed an update, now it uses a toolbar instead of the menubar, which allow to view checked menu items)

Originally Posted by Twidi View Post
Little reminder : don't forget than GRead work on desktop too (if Qt and PyQT are installed on your desktop, linux or windows or whatever)
Another reminder is that GRead also runs on Diablo (Maemo4, N8x0) after a couple of lines have been removed from the UI files.

When you launch it as :

run-standalone.sh python gread.py
it's even half-way "hildonized" in that it looks less strange and the full-screen button works. It still opens separate windows, but they cover each other, and the tablets have an Escape button so it's quite usable.

The main issues are that the system menu is not converted automatically as in Fremantle, and the default font is too tiny to read, with the zoom keys not working.

These could probably be corrected more or less easily with a custom "maemo4" view, to make a workable GRead for the old tablets...

Speaking of which, I found another way to detect the host type and choose a view accordingly :

N900 : "Maemo 5" in os.environ.values()

N8x0 : "OS 2008" in os.environ.values()

Last edited by fpp; 2010-09-27 at 09:52.

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
I don't know when it happened but I no longer have a link to browse "All" feeds at once. Just me, or was that removed? TX
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

• change the color of the text in selected rows to the good one. grog, it was the only color that wasn't the good one, so now it should work in your theme)
Finally got around to trying the Okuda theme & unfortunately I still can't see the content. Seems that the message body stays black against the black background of the theme. In an article for example from Slashdot, the comments are on a while background so they're readable, whereas the main article is not.

TX
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Originally Posted by grog View Post
I don't know when it happened but I no longer have a link to browse "All" feeds at once. Just me, or was that removed? TX
And of course I update & the problem goes away. Sorry for the noise

It escaped once, but was caught back
(see github)

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Twidi,

Why use an iPhone user agent? No reason to prop up the iPhone mindshare.

A couple of times over the weekend while using the on screen next button, it was left highlighted on the next item. Unfortunately I can't figure out what causes it. It happened maybe 1-2% of the time.

Frank

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Another reminder is that GRead also runs on Diablo (Maemo4, N8x0) after a couple of lines have been removed from the UI files.

When you launch it as :

it's even half-way "hildonized" in that it looks less strange and the full-screen button works. It still opens separate windows, but they cover each other, and the tablets have an Escape button so it's quite usable.

The main issues are that the system menu is not converted automatically as in Fremantle, and the default font is too tiny to read, with the zoom keys not working.

These could probably be corrected more or less easily with a custom "maemo4" view, to make a workable GRead for the old tablets...

Speaking of which, I found another way to detect the host type and choose a view accordingly :

N900 : "Maemo 5" in os.environ.values()

N8x0 : "OS 2008" in os.environ.values()
I have a n800 somewhere at home, could you please give me all details for installing python on it ? Perhaps it's aready packaged ? I could try to install GRead on it and make a Maemo view (it sould be easy, except for specific buttons if needed but i will not spend too much time on it...)

I have a n800 somewhere at home, could you please give me all details for installing python on it ? Perhaps it's aready packaged ? I could try to install GRead on it and make a Maemo view (it sould be easy, except for specific buttons if needed but i will not spend too much time on it...)
If you have all the extra-* repos enabled, you should see the PyQt full-install package on HAM, that should do it.

The zoom keys should be easy, they're just bound to F6/F7 or something like that.

Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
Twidi,

Why use an iPhone user agent? No reason to prop up the iPhone mindshare.

A couple of times over the weekend while using the on screen next button, it was left highlighted on the next item. Unfortunately I can't figure out what causes it. It happened maybe 1-2% of the time.

Frank
I guess it's because of his cell carrier, which has a proxy filtering on user-agent. But the N900 MicroB should work just as well...