Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Thanks for the great app and it is fully working (after installing libcelt-0-0 manually) found other parts from extras devel or smth.

You just need to open internet connection before opening the app and trying to connect voice server. And pulse-audio is eating lot of cpu (overclocked to 900Mhz, atleast 30-40%). Interface is little bit tiny but use the touchpen.

Last edited by jmk; 2010-10-21 at 20:39.

I've installed mumble today:
apt-get install mumble-11x libcelt0-0
And seems to work well; also the audio wizard.

Hi,
I tried to install Mumble via "sudo apt-get install mumble"
But when i start it, i got no sound.

What Settings did you use?
What are the _default_ settings?

ahm, i think the developmend of iPhone is much faster than this here:
http://mumble.git.sourceforge.net/gi...eos;a=shortlog

Vondor:
install celt pls. prev. pages is written.

Originally Posted by Chris2000SP View Post
ahm, i think the developmend of iPhone is much faster than this here:
http://mumble.git.sourceforge.net/gi...eos;a=shortlog
You are right. Mumble-maemo is not developed at all. I once built and packaged upstream version of mumble. There are some minor workaround to get it compiled, but this is not "development for N900".

If somebody wants start "Mumble development for N900", I can share everything I know about it (if not already posted to this thread and not documented on source-package).

@ Chris2000SP
yeah... iphone... from apple...
where you have to use for a ipod the official headphones.. and itunes... and when u` dont, then comes a sound which says that you have to use Official Apple Soft/Hardware....

I dont know from where the mass of idiots come, who thought a iphone or anything from apple is good. Thats just fuc**** bulls***

Anyway... this is "talk.maemo.org" right?
Yes i think so... so... i want to _talk_ about _meamo_... not Iphone.. ok?
If i ever get involed into a car accident and want as a resoult of heavy braindamage to buy a iphone... i may will ask the same question in another forum...

I need a Linux Guru!

EDIT:
Sorry... but i really have a big Problem with Apple....

Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
You are right. Mumble-maemo is not developed at all. I once built and packaged upstream version of mumble. There are some minor workaround to get it compiled, but this is not "development for N900".

If somebody wants start "Mumble development for N900", I can share everything I know about it (if not already posted to this thread and not documented on source-package).

Thats not good
But then why it is available in the repository?

And.. somehow some guys made it here.
What changed?

Hi all.
I triplechecked status about libcelt, and I realized mumble package hasn't dependency for it, but mumble really needs libcelt. (I claim I fixed it, but it isn't fixed for repository)

I pushed version 1.2.2-5-maemo2 to extras-devel and I think it is now installable. This version is same than version on current Ubuntu (they call it 1.2.2-4).

Using:
Default GUI is 'Stylus'.
(It is chosen via /usr/bin/mumble.sh which is script and adds 'GTK2_RC_FILES=')

Issues:
A)
Config->Settings will crash.
(I tried change some defaults, so it might be my fault)

B)
If you are connected to server and mumble is not your active application, you will get 'yellow notifications' when somebody send chat-message via mumble.
(Contain of this notification is crap)

C)
If Mumble is running (even not active) you can't access to clock or profile/volume/etc-menu. Dashboard button is still working.

(Could you find more issues?)

When Mumble version 1.2.3 is released I will try again. And if these issues are still valid I will post them to upstream bug-tracker.

The Following User Says Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your work. Now Mumble installs fine and works with celt withut installing libcelt by hand.
I recently recognised something else. When playing with my Mumble settings I found thah with the recent firmware speex is no longer working. I am shure it was working some (one or two) firmware updates before. Maybe an update of the speex libs (for skype?) broke it? Maybe this can also be fixed when compiling the future 1.2.3 version?

Tags
debian, lxde, mumble, open, source