Active Topics

Closed Thread
I don't know if this is legal or not but I saw this function on a chinese drama from a sonyericsson. I don't remember what is the model but I am sure its a sonyericsson. I really hope the maemo team would consider this. Anyone who support this function please say it hear.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by xyberx View Post
I am really sorry I didn't post this in the correct way because I am used to posting like this. I don't mean to make anyone angry. Sorry.
If you're referring to qgil's post about suggesting this in Brainstorm, I don't think he was being angry, just trying to help point you in the right general direction. In fact, any other community member could make the Brainstorm posting for you if you want, referencing this thread. So don't worry!

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
No anger. Just create the Brainstorm proposal. Otherwise this thread will be moved to the Maemo 5 forum for free-form discussion.

There is a software called Load-applet which records also calls. The only difficulty is to turn it on during call.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Jason404 View Post
Isn't this actually illegal in some countries, unless a message clearly states 'this call is being recorded'? I have the feeling that this is the case here in the UK. Even so, I would really like to have this abilty as well, without the warning message.
Ive been lead to belive that you need to inform them that your recording it. even if they say no, you can still continue to record. Theyve been informed, They can of course refuse to talk. but your ok to record as long as you say you are.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I posted this before, but currently in the U.S., you can only record incoming calls from what I understand. This is according to the Google Voice website.

If you place a call to someone else and attempt to record them, you will be immediately leg shackled and sent to jail on charges of being "creepy".

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I posted this before, but currently in the U.S., you can only record incoming calls from what I understand. This is according to the Google Voice website.

If you place a call to someone else and attempt to record them, you will be immediately leg shackled and sent to jail on charges of being "creepy".
are you sure ive done that plenty of times. no shackles.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
So what about all those people (I had one this evening) who call me up and then say "This call may be recorded for training purposes"?

I understood that both parties have to assent to the call being recorded, unless you have a warrant or work for MI5 or the News of the World (in which case you can record what the heck you like). Though even so, calls recorded by your n900 are not admissable as evidence in court. (Unless it's a call of your husband to his mistress in a divorce court, I think)

Originally Posted by Jason404 View Post
Isn't this actually illegal in some countries, unless a message clearly states 'this call is being recorded'? I have the feeling that this is the case here in the UK. Even so, I would really like to have this abilty as well, without the warning message.
If I remember rightly, when you record a call it makes a beeping noise every 15 seconds or so to inform the caller they're being recorded. Whether an unofficial Maemo app does or not... it's their choice.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Bottom line, its perfectly acceptable to write an application that enabled this functionality. Its down to the end-user to decide if they will use it legally or not.

At worst all it would need is to popup a notice the first time you use it saying "please be aware if the local law regarding recording calls before using this software" just like a lot of peer 2 peer software does when you first run it, warning you not to share copyrighted material.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread