Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
Hey guys what do you think of this idea?

Image gallery app. a little iphone ish lol

*load images same as the current gallery
*when switching images through the swip gesture make the image stick to your fingers like the iphone. the n900's switching way is so laammeee as sometimes it doesnt work and you wouldnt know.
*when switching images or dragged to the edge show a little sample of the next image. like the iphone
*when you tap on the image instead of taking you out of full screen when zoomed which is annoying make a little square Box roll in like on the infront of the image in a new layer so you have extra commands like emailling the pic, also make arrows appear so you dont have to swipe just tap for next image. AND have a play button to start a quick slideshow automatically.
*FAKE MULTITOUCH for zooming along with the volume keys and double tap. again FAKE MULTITOUCH!!!!!!!! which can be done. This is all i want multitouch for (and the browser).

if we were to fund someone making an image gallery with these core features how much would you want?? also can the current image gallery be modded?? or is it closed?

this shows it can be done. this is on the 5800
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZSc0bvlgcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dC2qpDsgZU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDJPBnSv0wc

****i cant change my title from [amazing idea] multitouch gallery to [Sandbox] multitouch gallery

Last edited by felbutss; 2010-03-01 at 00:28. Reason: wrong title

Sounds like a good idea. If there is anything we can learn from the iPhone, then it is the user friendly UI and lots of eye candy which attract alot of people!

//Wheatbisc

ye i really wanna see these implemented.the current gallery is bad. the zooming is a joke. tapping on a image by accident takes it out of the zoommed mode and you dont even know if the image is going to change if you slide it.

Last edited by felbutss; 2010-03-01 at 00:14.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I agree that gallery could really be better but:
- There is alredy little play button below image where you can start slideshow
- swiping works very well if you do not have slow down issue on hildon-desktop UI (this is mainly because of widgets on desktops so remove them and reboot)

Last edited by slender; 2010-03-01 at 00:27.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
I agree that gallery could really be better but:
- There is alredy little play button below image where you can start slideshow
- swiping works very well if you do not have slow down issue on hildon-desktop UI (this is mainly because of widgets on desktops so remove them and reboot)

lol really? i think the swipping is shocking. it works fine but.

get a iphone and put it next to the n900. put your finger in the middle of the image on both phones and swip REALLY SLOW to change it. do u notice anything different??? the n900 does not follow your finger. Very boring and lame. also when swipping fast you do miss a few swips.

i was not speaking about effect i was speaking about how easily it changes.

and images change quite fast as long as i browse throught low resolution pictures. i do not know how iphone handles 5mp pictures

.edit
but yes it should be more fluid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbvyz...eature=related

Last edited by slender; 2010-03-01 at 00:55.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
and images change quite fast as long as i browse throught low resolution pictures. i do not know how iphone handles 5mp pictures

.edit
but yes it should be more fluid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbvyz...eature=related

o in that sense it works fine. but its not interactive enough for the user which is what im talking about. AT ALL. little things are very frustrating like when you zoomed in and tap the image you have to zoom in AGAIN. Or when you load the next image sometimes there is a wait. i know the iphone doesnt do this.

does anyone else have an oppinion on this????? what do you think of the image app idea. for example the fake multitouch intergration

i don't understand your fake multitouch idea. can you explain it again?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Wow felbutts, you've grown a bit of confidence!
You didn't prepend your post with "btw don't get me wrong, I hate the iphone lol" this time..

Seriously though, I think the image gallery on iPhone implements quite a number of shortcuts and optimizations that takes place during (pre)loading of the content - so the magic doesn't happen just during viewing;

I know that iPhoto (or iTunes?) scales down all the photos that are tagged to be synced onto the iPhone and they also prerender a thumbnail view for each of the pics. This move alone cuts down the size of the dataset that the picture viewer has to deal with by a factor 5 or so (Depending on your initial picture sizes).
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!