Hey, does anyone know if I can disable smileys in the messages? I goddamn hate them.. Thanks

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
same here, marrat. i tried using them. i made an effort. but i always ended up with a screen that had some minimalistic looking shortcuts to sms, g+, fb, phone, clock, calendar, browser and thats about it. so screw widgets.

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Any tips how to sync several google calendars?

Originally Posted by Petteri View Post
Any tips how to sync several google calendars?
I think it should work when you set them up as CalDAV accounts... But don't know the details, though...

Nokia PC-suite works for syncing! Tried it on windows 7 and the good old program works just fine!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crisscross For This Useful Post:
Ok, so I just finished reading all 26 pages, and I just want to know (maybe I missed it), but is there any answers/updates to the following questions:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
what exactly does Bluetooth 4.0 bring to the table that's currently being utilized by the N9 - and it is confirmed that it's BT4, right?
I also find it very strange that a software upgrade can boost BT2.1 to BT4.0... Any documentation on this? Also, if it only a pure rumor that BT4.0 can support payment a-la NFC?

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
I have asked this to the N9 developer who's in the camera/video/audio middleware s/w team. He said he only does the camera part and will ask the guy who sits next to him who does the video playback part when he goes into work. (so will need to wait till Monday I guess) He's going to check if it is supposed to be able to handle Main profile H264. (High profile is a definite no go I believe) But he said he is sure that N9 supports 720p H264 Base profile.
720 MKV files are very important to me, thats pretty much my main format used for videos. Has your friend confirmed any of this? Could it be achievable thru custom kernels or software upgrade in the future? Or is the hardware really crippled to that point...

Originally Posted by shishtox View Post
Hi to all Linux & Maemo Wizardes
<snip>
To be honest, N900 was my first Linux encounter, <snip>
N9 is not a cheap device, and honestly I lost my trust in Nokia in general, but I always trusted the developers community, <snip> is it Worth the Money ?
Mind that my opinion is not an expert at all, N900 was also my first Linux encounter, fell in love with it, made me install Ubuntu on my PC, and I just love the Maemo Community... But as far as answering your question... I think the only answer that has been given is, if you have the money to spare, then go ahead and buy the N9. If you will have to struggle, save up for it, then I imagine it is not really that worth it... But since I'm hard-headed, I'm gonna go ahead and struggle for 2 weeks by spending an entire paycheck on a phone, because my N900 is really starting to let me down (I can't even reflash it...), I refuse to go do the Android road, iOS is a joke to me, and I have no business with BB so not interested. By the time Nokia actually releases WP7, I could probably afford to buy one if it comes to be more interesting than the N9 (which I really hope not...)

The Following User Says Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
jalyst, is there something new about photo quality and Damien Dining thing?

Originally Posted by mece View Post
Can someone who's been brave enough to enable dev give me the output of the following on an N9:
Code:
cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
Sure. If someone tells me how to select text in terminal...

Originally Posted by olympus View Post
jalyst, is there something new about photo quality and Damien Dining thing?
Actually it was jakiman (aka shootspeak) who had the conversation with Damian Dinning.

On my brand new N9 I've installed Firefox (Aurora since I like living on the edge)

Does anyoene know how to make it the default browser?