Notices

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Miami,USA
yeslamo Mohannad.

Options screen issue fixed. mPrayerTime 0.2-12 uploaded to extras-dev (finally).

Im currently working on the auto-detection of location functionality. I hope that doesnt take me too long.

The Following User Says Thank You to mohannad For This Useful Post:
waiting to be in Extras soooooooooooon.
All The Best

Thank you Muhanned for that useful application. Moreover Ihave one question:
Is it possible to develop a widget that can display the five pray time at screen of the N900.

Thanks a lot for your efforts and Best Regards,
Ammar

Originally Posted by Amroush View Post
Thank you Muhanned for that useful application. Moreover Ihave one question:
Is it possible to develop a widget that can display the five pray time at screen of the N900.

Thanks a lot for your efforts and Best Regards,
Ammar
Hi Ammar,

Yes that is my goal. But first I need to get the application to a decent state or I will end up with a big mess that will give me headaches.

This is the order i am planning on getting things done:
1- Get the 'Auto Configure' button working in the options screen
2- Add other languages
3- Add some sort of notification for each athan time
4- Add desktop widget
5- Add more views to the main app (today, tomorrow, week view, etc)

Does that sound like a good plan?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mohannad For This Useful Post:
Salam Mohannad,

Thanks for your great work. I was just planning to do this myself and was reading on developing for Maemo, but I found your app by chance!

Good work and good luck.

BTW, I hope you do not make GPS detection automatic. I prefer that the user must manually select location auto detection so that prayer times do not change when moving around unless we manually auto detect the new location.

Dear Mohanned,

I believe your plan is a great one. I wish you a very good luck in your work.

Thanks,
Ammar

السلام عليكم
Very nice app, but do you have plans of introducing an app that shows you the Qibla using GPS...?

Salam Mohannad,

Finally got around to testing it (0.2-12). It exists without warning and without a pattern. Sometimes it quits in the settings menu, sometimes a few seconds after displaying the times.

Moreover, Fajr and Isha are always nan:nan in (Lat 54.9881, Long -1.6194) using MWL method and all options for high latitude adjustment.

BTW, although I have never written anything for Maemo or Qt, I'd like to help if you have some subtask or research to be done.

The Following User Says Thank You to mssusa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mssusa View Post
Salam Mohannad,

Finally got around to testing it (0.2-12). It exists without warning and without a pattern. Sometimes it quits in the settings menu, sometimes a few seconds after displaying the times.

Moreover, Fajr and Isha are always nan:nan in (Lat 54.9881, Long -1.6194) using MWL method and all options for high latitude adjustment.
Thank you for testing it! Yeh I came across the problem with it exiting randomly and I've seen a few other threads about this happening to Qt apps. I still dont know the cause but will try putting in a few lines of debugging in my code to see where it breaks.

The other issue you've mentioned is very strange. I was able to reproduce it by using the co-ordinates you mentioned with the a timezone of +1. However instead of 'nan' i got 12:00am for both fajr and isha. Ill look into that today and will hopefully have it fixed by the end of the day (inshallah).
edit: setting the time format to 24hour will result in nan:nan.

In other news, I managed to get the Auto Configure button to work with the phone's built in GPS so users dont need to know where in the world they are in order to use mPrayerTime. I will release a new version once I have the bug above fixed.

Originally Posted by mssusa View Post
BTW, although I have never written anything for Maemo or Qt, I'd like to help if you have some subtask or research to be done.
Thank you for your offer! Umm, do you have the Qt SDK installed? My next task is to get translations working.. Ive had one crack at it before and couldnt figure out how it works, are you able to help me out with this please?

Last edited by mohannad; 2010-06-27 at 02:44.