Active Topics

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@bobby68: my swedish may be rusty, but didn't he say "This is an almost perfect product, if not for the lack of digital compass." ?

jk

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@bobby68: my swedish may be rusty, but didn't he say "This is an almost perfect product, if not for the lack of digital compass." ?

jk
where is the anti-thanks button??? jk, too ;-) xD

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
dang, it doesn't work as well at the top of the screen.

@zehjotkah: lol.. well i guess we all know what the easter egg is now.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post

jk

Nope. He says:

"you have the usual navigation, you have digital compass and a-gps with triangulation"

And I hope HE is not kidding...!

Last edited by bobby68; 2009-09-04 at 18:57.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
so was i right? it has a digital compass/magnetometer?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Right, but it's not registering a click, it's registering a touch. Some UI elements are still quite small (checkboxes in a web page, links etc.); sometimes your touch might be misinterpreted as a drag event (which doesn't do anything on a button).
That's not exactly true. The drag is on OS level event and on most OSes a drag is interpreted as click if the drag end is still inside the button. Of course if the buttons are really small you're going to leave them anyway on Nxx0.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
If the N900 has a digital compass, it is definitely the Easter Egg.

I saw no sign of it anywhere in any of the apps, only an impressive, system-wide use of the GPS to add location to everything, including geotagging photos, etc.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by qole View Post

I saw no sign of it anywhere in any of the apps, only an impressive, system-wide use of the GPS to add location to everything, including geotagging photos, etc.
Does the gps work indoors also. If the gps signal is not enough will it geotag atleast with the co-ordinates using the skyhook system?

Thanks

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
How about a PCI-Express Card slot or SDIO??

Originally Posted by qole View Post

No, but there aint no signs in the N97 either, so that's not an indicator.

A small sign COULD be in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4msl4...layer_embedded

When he is showing the map, there IS a compass, down to the left. It's pointing north, just as the N97, when it's not calibrated...

So...?