Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
Theoretically it must be 32GB if there is only a 32GB card available. It's one of those questions such as "When one enters Heaven do the angels dish out Nokia N900's to everyone or iPhones?"
That's a bit obtuse. We're speaking about the limits of the memory card reader hardware addressing, after all.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Faultier View Post
So confirmed from germany that it worked white the sandisk micro sdxc but white 4 gb file limit in fat32
Holy **** that's nuts. Makes me think: we should totally desolder the eMMC and solder on a SD slot. Then we'd get 128GB SDXCs in.

Originally Posted by sulu View Post
You could format the card with ext2 instead of fat32 to get around the 4GB file size limit.
YES, I've done this before too.

the /etc/fstab is auto generated at boot.

I THINk its in /etc/rcS its been a long time and I forget, search for it, I figured it out and posted about it last year.

Once you disable the auto /etc/fstab generation, you can add your own /etc/fstab entries in typical gnu/linux fashion. ext2 and ext3 are supported. JFFS and NILfs are also supported, I remember doing benchmarking for someone.

not fully supported in the GUI.

NOW if we could backport the ext4 patches from more recent kernels to maemo's now ancient 2.6.28 ...

or even a full port of kernel 3?

anyone?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GI jack For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GI jack View Post
YES, I've done this before too.

the /etc/fstab is auto generated at boot.

I THINk its in /etc/rcS its been a long time and I forget, search for it, I figured it out and posted about it last year.

Once you disable the auto /etc/fstab generation, you can add your own /etc/fstab entries in typical gnu/linux fashion. ext2 and ext3 are supported. JFFS and NILfs are also supported, I remember doing benchmarking for someone.

not fully supported in the GUI.

NOW if we could backport the ext4 patches from more recent kernels to maemo's now ancient 2.6.28 ...

or even a full port of kernel 3?

anyone?
kernel-power has support for ext4 and ke-recv from cssu-testing support automounting any partition type supported by kernel. So with cssu-testing + kernel-power is ext4 parition on sd card working fine.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Out of the box? Probably not. In the future? Probably yes: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=27539
I have a 64GB SDXC card working ok on my N900. Just ignore "unsupported card" message & format as normal.

Total memory 90GB+!! Great.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
shweet!!!....

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Cool, got a 64GB card coming soon so it's good to know.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

I inserted mine and it hasn't even said anything or shown me the card. Its as if the card wasnt even inserted

output from dmesg?

Originally Posted by Tiptronic View Post
I inserted mine and it hasn't even said anything or shown me the card. Its as if the card wasnt even inserted
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but did you snap the back cover on again.

If enough peeps say this works, I'll be ordering a 64G soon.