Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by evad View Post
Just upgraded to 0.5 and set the new calling card profile but when I try to place a call through Vicar from contact card, I get "Availability must be online to perform this action" notification instead. :(
Device reboot solved this problem, but then another arised: profile rules don't seem to work. I've got profile set for numbers starting with "+48", yet when I try to call such number via Vicar from contact card, it says "No routing profile defined for this number". Not good. :(

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Originally Posted by pmudgal View Post
@scifi.guy, can confirm that, i installed 0.5; had the same "unable to install ..." errors, but it worked fine after i set up a profile, but after a reboot same "this contact's appli ..." error and no calls placed.

Does it help if 0.5 like the recent previous versions still shows up as "Broken but updateable" in App Mgr?
@pmudgal - Thanks for the screenshots.

After reboot issue should be fixed in 0.5-1. I am testing that version and it should be available later today/tonight.

No clue about the unable to install error. Next time can you save the log from Hildon Application Manager/Faster App. Manager and send it to me?

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Originally Posted by drangina View Post
Using latest 0.5 built.
Got same error as pdmudgal although able to access sms.
when i try to add profile and enable routing...get message unable to enable call routing
@drangina -

Can you close the vicar config screen and run this command as user (not as root).
Code:
run-standalone.sh /opt/vicar/vicar-config
Now try to enable routing and reproduce the issue.

Send me the output (Contains your IM usernames, mask them as needed).

Device reboot solved this problem, but then another arised: profile rules don't seem to work. I've got profile set for numbers starting with "+48", yet when I try to call such number via Vicar from contact card, it says "No routing profile defined for this number". Not good.
Does the number in contacts start with +48 or 48 or something else?

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by scifi.guy View Post
Does the number in contacts start with +48 or 48 or something else?
It starts with +48, of course.

It starts with +48, of course.
Ok, had to clear that up

This is hard to reproduce. But I found some interesting fact. While the vicar daemon was running in the background, I was able to drop the profiles DB and the daemon was still loading the data from cache.

Your issue could be related to this, Rebooting again should solve it. In any case, I am changing the daemon logic to re-open DB for each call. Should not be a big performance issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to scifi.guy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Would it be possible to include ViCard into the settings menu instead of a standalone app?
It is in my list of enhancements. Last I checked, it can't be done with Qt. Need to revisit that feature once this release is stabilized.

The Following User Says Thank You to scifi.guy For This Useful Post:
VICaR v0.5-1 released to extras-devel. Here is the change log.

* Fixed the bug - Vicar daemon fails to load after reboot (thanks to pmudgal)
* Changes to DB open/close logic to avoid loading data from cache.

If you face any installation error please save the log from Hildon Application Manager or Faster Application Manager and send it to me.

0.5-1 installed the problems after reboot are sorted out in my testing.

For the other issue, which persists, actually all the old error messages still persist:

1) 0.5-0 installed, extras devel disabled but the update still shows up in App Mgr, shows up as "Broken but updateable"
2) Repeated reinstalls over and over yield same message "unable to update.........."
3) all other repositories disabled, extras devel enabled, update 0.5-1 shows, still shows as "Broken but updateable"
4) install results in an update from 0.5-0 to 0.5-1 but the error still comes post installation "unable to update......" and will continue to show in updates
5) installed 0.5-1, available 0.5-1 but still shows up in app manager with extras devel enabled.....

This behaviour has been observed for a while
Attached Images

here is the log file.........
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log.txt (2.7 KB, 127 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to pmudgal For This Useful Post: