Engadget has a pre production unit that they have reviewed. Not a final production model, but close.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/16/n...-on/#continued

The Following User Says Thank You to mhotep For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Singapore
Unbelievably positive (well, mostly, that is), coming from Engadget.

Just finished watching it. Can't seem to disagree with anything they said. Resistive screen can be a little tougher to use at time especially if you are used to the iphone.

Originally Posted by LouisLoh View Post
Unbelievably positive (well, mostly, that is), coming from Engadget.
Are you joking?
Did you read the end…
«The bottom line? We'll hold back on final judgment until we use a review unit, but our initial swipe at this thing has us ready to drop a "for early adopters only" stamp on it -- for your average consumer just looking for an effective smartphone, it seems like it's got too many quirks and functionality holes to recommend.»
Although you see that they like it, they are deliberately trying to destroy the platform because they are payed for that.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by drm View Post
Are you joking?
Did you read the end…
«The bottom line? We'll hold back on final judgment until we use a review unit, but our initial swipe at this thing has us ready to drop a "for early adopters only" stamp on it -- for your average consumer just looking for an effective smartphone, it seems like it's got too many quirks and functionality holes to recommend.»
Although you see that they like it, they are deliberately trying to destroy the platform because they are payed for that.
Well, that conclusion seems to be what Nokia thinks about the unit as well. "Step 4 of 5", "yeah I like it (the N900) too. But have you seen the N97? Let me tell you about it". So, I don't feel to bad about Engadget's conclusion. I think we should embrace the fact that the N900 is geared for early-adopters and developers. Its purpose in life is to attract those type of users. With that in mind, the N900 as already been successful beyond belief.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Seems a fair statement considering Nokia and some on this board have gone out of their way to point out the N900 is a computer that also has phone function. A person wanting a smartphone expects a phone-centric device. N900 is not that, so they would likely not be happy with the "out of the box" phone features.

Been burned out already, but too many phone features missing for the average smartphone user- that is expecting a smartphone.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Probably the most positive Nokia review ever on Engadget. Surprising really I was expecting something worse. It is nice to see them dub it best web browsing smartphone as emphatically as they do, even saying its better than their beloved iPhone.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Seems a fair statement considering Nokia and some on this board have gone out of their way to point out the N900 is a computer that also has phone function. A person wanting a smartphone expects a phone-centric device. N900 is not that, so they would likely not be happy with the "out of the box" phone features.

Been burned out already, but too many phone features missing for the average smartphone user- that is expecting a smartphone.
Well put.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by drm View Post
Are you joking?
Did you read the end…
It's fairly positive and propably most positive article about Nokia product that Engadget has ever done.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Dominican Republic
they said that you have to apply force to the screen to scroll on web pages but i didnt see any video applying any force.

You guys remember, this is his opinion that, if you like that phone that doesnt count, i dont like the iphone but many users love it, its your choice buy whaterver you want.