For the past couple days I've had no light from the keyboard, even in low light. After searching here I've tried reflashing and covering the light sensor. Neither works.

Is there another fix for this? Thanks.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ctennenh View Post
For the past couple days I've had no light from the keyboard, even in low light. After searching here I've tried reflashing and covering the light sensor. Neither works.

Is there another fix for this? Thanks.
Remove Powerlaunch if installed

Thanks for the reply. I never used Powerlaunch, and even after a reflash with no extra apps installed the keyboard light wasn't working.

Using what I found here: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...730#post185730 I was able to turn it on by editing /sys/class/leds/keyboard/brightness from 0 to 100, but it's always on and not triggered by sliding it out.

There are also files called 'time', 'trigger' and 'uevent'. Could someone else post their files so I could check mine against them?

Mine are the following:
brightness: '100' (was '0')
trigger: '[none] timer heartbeat '
time: '100'
uevent: I can't open this over SSH. I get permission denied.

Last edited by ctennenh; 2009-04-26 at 14:51.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ NYC, NY
From /sys/class/leds/keyboard files:
Code:
brightness <= 0
time <= 100
trigger <= "[none] timer heartbeat"
(The "<=" is a "contains" indication.)

The file "uevent" is a write-only file -- I can't really tell whether it's a FIFO or something or what (it's showing a size of 4096 - but it's not a directory; it looks like a regular file, but "cat"ing it - even as root - generates an error).

I do get keyboard lights, FWIW, a second or two after opening the keyboard in a dark place ....

- Tom

I just stuck the tablet in my shirt a few times (yeah, yeah) and the screen dims and, once or twice, the keyboard light came on! It's intermittent, however. I'd much rather control all the lighting, including screen brightness and keyboard light, than let the sensor do it. Is there a way to turn it off and have the keyboard light some on every time it opens?

Originally Posted by fattomm View Post
From /sys/class/leds/keyboard files:
Code:
brightness <= 0
time <= 100
trigger <= "[none] timer heartbeat"
(The "<=" is a "contains" indication.)

The file "uevent" is a write-only file -- I can't really tell whether it's a FIFO or something or what (it's showing a size of 4096 - but it's not a directory; it looks like a regular file, but "cat"ing it - even as root - generates an error).

I do get keyboard lights, FWIW, a second or two after opening the keyboard in a dark place ....

- Tom
Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.
Looks like everything is working the way it should on my end. I'd rather it worked like it used to, even if that meant it was broken!

The Following User Says Thank You to ctennenh For This Useful Post: