Notices

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Madison, AL, USA
I added around 500 photos and half a dozen podcasts, and got the "out of space" error again, in spite of the fact that I've got over 40MB free.

I just wiped the .canola dir again, brought Canola back up successfully, and am going to just try the podcasts this time.

Hey guys,

I have this same problem. After I tried to watch a YouTube vid, and installed an extra theme, is is giving me the Local Drive issue... it is nowhere near out of space.

I am new to my N810 & Maemo. How do I get the Canole Cleanup to work? Every time it runs, it says App Manager is open and wont execute. Also, I have unistalled, disabled extra dlevel, and i dont know what else to try... please help out if you can.

I just want to watch my movies and listen to music with a nice interface!

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Illinois
This is weird. Just last night canola was working fine. But when I opened it this morning, I got that error: "Local drive is out of space. Going to exit Canola." I have never seen that error and I have not changed anything like added any large files.I have plenty of space on each of the memory cards and internal memory.

Ok, I got it to work after following Alphaman's wiping of the .canola dir on page one of this topic. But, I also had to do the following...

- uninstall Canola2
- remove .canola dir
- install Canola CleanUp (reboot - not sure if I needed to)
- run Canola CleanUp
- install Canola2 (reboot required)

Runs good so far. I tested three shutdowns, 500 pics - 200 audio - and two theme changes. Didnt bother with podcasts or radio.

all this is on a N810 WiMax.

Hope that helped someone.

The Following User Says Thank You to xdadmoshx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Illinois
Thanks I'll have to try that tomorrow when I have time. I just don't understand how it was working last night then all of a sudden produces that error.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ On the wasatch front, UT USA
Same issue here with beta 11. After the first time it happened I thought I had some bad sectors as i had some recent crashes. After fsck'ing same problem. Checking permissions in .canola did not reveal any issues. I fixed it by renaming the canola.db file
and allowing canola to create a new one (first startup hung, killing restarting canola made it happy after removing the db file). It worked again for about a week and then had the same error. Removing the db file fixes it for me but obviously you loose all our podcast settings, etc.

Love canola, hope this can be squashed soon.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ NYC, NY
Originally Posted by salinmooch View Post
Same issue here with beta 11. After the first time it happened I thought I had some bad sectors as i had some recent crashes. After fsck'ing same problem. Checking permissions in .canola did not reveal any issues. I fixed it by renaming the canola.db file
and allowing canola to create a new one (first startup hung, killing restarting canola made it happy after removing the db file). It worked again for about a week and then had the same error. Removing the db file fixes it for me but obviously you loose all our podcast settings, etc.

Love canola, hope this can be squashed soon.
Was there any fix to this? I started getting this today -- and "cleaned up" quite a lot of space (uselessly) and still haven't resolved the problem.....

I can the "canola -vvv" someone earlier had recommended. I past some "Multitask Model with filters, past the "no autostart plugins" messages, the last thing that looks ok is a "setting battery status ..." and "battery status is full", then it starts with a
Code:
1242265366.8972 DEBUG system:112:_update_battery() Setting battery status to (1, 1.000000).
1242265366.9083 DEBUG system:224:_do_disable() Asking system to keep the screen light on.
1242265366.9245 DBG_W controller:433:db_locked() received DB locked signal but already notifying user, ignoring it ...
1242265368.2218 DEBUG controller:132:get_controller_for_model() looking for controller for model with filter 'Model/Notify/Error/Fatal' ...
Which looks like a locked DB? (which? where?) The looks like it then devolves to the error message, and screen prompt as everyone is seeing ...

I can post the full log if it'd be helpful.

Last edited by fattomm; 2009-05-14 at 02:05. Reason: verbose logging messages added