Notices

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by OMOIKANE View Post
After watching videos, going back to main menu and pressing "now playing" on the bottom right, something strange is happening - many "unknown" windows are closed with system sounds of closing application. I think player trying to play video playlist in music player.
I can confirm this bug!

The gpodder interaction does not work very well. It was perfect, until (I think) the "resume play on headphone reconnect" feature. When I open an audio podcast, it opens in videomode most times . Nothing is played then. If I retry, audio opens, but the podcast plays from beginning, instead from the last position.
Maybe a MIME problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to mase For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Bug with many unknown windows still present after upgrade.
No need to press @now playing@, after playing some video (not always) and returning to video list or main interface, player is minimizing and 5-7 "unknown" windows are closing with system sound.
I have no CSSU installed.

Hello.

OMP rules.

However! For some reason AAC files will not play! If you select an AAC file from file manager it will open OMP and go to the now playing screen. This is as it should be. The problem is the file will not start. OMP shows there are 0/0 files to be played.

So. Click on AAC from file manager. OMP opens but will not play said file. In fact OMP shows there are 0/0 files to play. There are no errors shown on command line.

The funny thing is...if I change the file extension to mp3 it will play just fine...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Absolutely confirming it. I suppose it's related to tracker not being aware of .aac playback availability.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
But this file has not been 'tracked' it is in the tracker 'ignore' directory list.

It would seem it does not matter if the file is tracked or not as when the extension is played to MP3, it plays fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Because MAFW know that it can play mp3 due to this extension being registered in tracker, while aac is not I'm experiencing similar problem with .ogg - I can't play them, until I rename their extension (my problem is quite more complicated, as .ogg was registered with tracker, to no avail, and no one seems to have idea WTF).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Well, AAC files work in stock MP so this argument makes no sense.

Yup, just confirmed it works absolutely fine in stock media player. This is a serious bug.

Last edited by vi_; 2012-07-07 at 23:47.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Well, AAC files work in stock MP so this argument makes no sense.

Yup, just confirmed it works absolutely fine in stock media player. This is a serious bug.
Ough! Good catch, my bad. I'm using OMP for so long, that I actually forget to check it in stock (or about stock existence, at all).

Confirming, same here.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
will ogg play on command line with gstreamer command, not mafw. can't remember off hand the command, playbin or gst-play or something. eliminates if it is underlying issue with codec.

Originally Posted by OMOIKANE View Post
Bug with many unknown windows still present after upgrade.
No need to press @now playing@, after playing some video (not always) and returning to video list or main interface, player is minimizing and 5-7 "unknown" windows are closing with system sound.
I have no CSSU installed.
I can confirm this bug. Unfortunately, this means OMP is currently not usable for me, as no (working) older versions are available in Extras or Extras testing.

The Following User Says Thank You to jcw1 For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse